Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

congos, beaver tail, etc

ily babe
@ily-babe
14 years ago
18 posts
Hey guys, back before i started to grow dreads I wanted medium-thicker dreads that looked pretty uniform, now that I look at it, all the people I've seen/met in person around where I live all have pretty uniform and thin dreads.After watching eyeheartchist (youtube) natural timeline for his dreads, I really liked his congos and his fat beaver tail. So I'm hoping my hair could end up similar to his.So I've been wondering, anyone here tryin to get congos and a tail? Does anyone here have em already?
updated by @ily-babe: 02/14/15 03:51:45AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
my 1st set i did accidentlynow i have lots and lots of congos but id never want the beavertailgoing too thick can lewad to issuesslooooow drying=moldpainful uneven pullinghard to get em cleanetc etc

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
little more? a beavertail could take 4 days to dry if its like 1-2 inches thich 6 inches acrosscan cause pain toooh look at 1 of our members i forget his name but his past set 1 sec ill get the vid dsame dread seperated

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
eyeheartchrist
@eyeheartchrist
14 years ago
12 posts
It's very easy, because the back of the head is usually the thickest patch of hair for most. I allowed mine to form that way, pulled out the hairs that are not part of the base of the lock, and allow it to find its way as time goes by. Any locks I wanted to form with another it was easy for it to happen if I kept neighboring hairs away. :-)
eyeheartchrist
@eyeheartchrist
14 years ago
12 posts

soaringeagle said:
slooooow drying=mold
painful uneven pulling
hard to get em clean
etc etc
I've never had any mold, as long as I squeezed out the dripping water first, then repeated with a towel. I don't know about this mold you speak of, haha. And as far as cleaning it hasn't been a problem either, unless I use a shampoo that doesn't rinse out good.
eyeheartchrist
@eyeheartchrist
14 years ago
12 posts

Chewin Change said:

a beaver tail would be sick tho. after it develops i imagine youd have to towel dry and devote a little bit more time in front of a box fan.
Mine doesn't give me problems as long as I squeeze out the drips and then repeat with a towel. It pays to take one's time, and it doesn't really have to be all that dry because it eventually drys after a day, but thank goodness it doesn't last long, I don't like the wet smell, but it goes away. :-)
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I'm no fan of beaver tails, but I do have two congos already that I love dearly. One was completely accidental, and the other I forced to congo, because one of the closer dreads was tiiiiny. It looked like I had ripped it in the wrong direction or something, causing it to become dangerously thin. It's all better now though... the two together makes for a nice chunky dread. ^-^
ily babe
@ily-babe
14 years ago
18 posts
so i see most people wouldnt really want to let their hair congo that much, and i understand SE's reasons.yeah, eyeheartchrist, you have 2 admirers!by the way are you gonna continue making updates on youtube?
Eva Deva
@eva-deva
14 years ago
36 posts
make that 3!

saac said:
so i see most people wouldnt really want to let their hair congo that much, and i understand SE's reasons.

yeah, eyeheartchrist, you have 2 admirers!

by the way are you gonna continue making updates on youtube?
ily babe
@ily-babe
14 years ago
18 posts
yeeah guys, you should let them congo!right now imma let my hair congo as much as it wants, but im barely past 2 months and my hair is prob 3" or more, idk havent measured it in hella. but so far so good.i seem to be making adequate progress considering the length even though everyone that knows im trying to grow dreads think it just curly hair and say my hair cant dread b/c i dont have african textured hair =[]...... they expect my hair to look like perfect cylindrical dreads and tell me to stop cause my hair just cant dread =p hahaim amazed at how people really dont know much about dreads, thank goodness for this site.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form