Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

do your dreads ever give you headaches?

Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
i was already prone to migraines before i decided to dread, and im not blaming my dreads for having a headache right now haha, but i wanted to know if you've ever gotten a headache from too much strain on the neck, if they were too heavy? or whether or not you believe having dreadlocks has an effect on headaches?
updated by @julie-ellis: 01/13/15 08:46:39PM
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
when i get a headache it usually always turns into a migraine. some last for days. and its horrific, itll make me sick and that hooha. sometimes ill have 2 or 3 in a month..i've had my hair real long before and i loved it...and i would love to have long beautiful locks. im not going to stop getting dreads of course, but if length and weight become a problem i will trim. i just feel like the tangling is pulling a bit, because i have one that i twisted and ripped and its consists of hair at the top of my head, and the bottom, which had already tangled together, and i believe if i would've left it that it would've become a dread anyways. it could also just be that i get em regardless of dreadlocks or not..all i know is that migraines suck, and i don't want my "lifestyle" to make them worse. :/
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
thanks. i'm glad they won't be a hassle. because i really really want them. :) they are going good. i definitely want to fully embrace and enjoy my locks. all i have is time.
Steve Lord
@steve-lord
14 years ago
2 posts
Hi, Two people I know have rapidly eliminated both migraine and headaches, and I have used this to improve or cure a number of ailments that couldnt be cured or improved by other methods, by staring at the so called random white "noise" created by the television static or snow that analogue, non digital tv sets create on the screen , when the cable is taken off or the set is tuned into a non broadcast channel. Newer sets have a blue screen that blocks that random static black dots jumping around on a white screen which is random "white noise", partly from picking up the leftover background radiation from te big bang, so Ive read.One woman I met who tried it had had a literally continuous, so she said, migraine for 30 years, due to some kind of structural problem in the back of her brain, and she said that in between 15 and 30 minutes she estimated, for the first time in 30 years her migraine was eliminated. A similar experience was related to me a neighbor who tried it who has intermittent migraines, and also for an ordinary headache in less time.We always turned the sound all te way off (down), its not necessary and even reduces the visually caused beneficial effect, and jangles my nerves.Steve Lord
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
wow, ill have to try it out next time i get one, so far my dreads haven't seen to bother me at all. but they aren't mature or very long for that matter..thanks for the advice though, thats very intriguing
Steve Lord
@steve-lord
14 years ago
2 posts

Julie Ellis said:
wow, ill have to try it out next time i get one, so far my dreads haven't seen to bother me at all. but they aren't mature or very long for that matter..thanks for the advice though, thats very intriguing
Great, Julie, thanks. There are a couple of things to avoid to get the huge immune stimulation (cures a cold in an hour) that this gives me but for migraine Im not sure if its necessary or not, you could try it both ways and see. The thing you may have to avoid is smoking the day of treatment, and being near certain types of electronic radiation, like from computer equipment , or having a flat screen tv set on. Synthetic opiate painkillers like Oxycodone reduce the effect. Please post what results you get if you ever try this, success or failure. Thanks,Steve Lord
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form