Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread Wax Ruined my Dreads: "ghd bonding agent"

DreadfulTravis
@dreadfultravis
14 years ago
44 posts
So, I needed to have my dreads done so they looked right. I went and had someone do it for me with the backcombing method of course. They loaded me up with a ton of wax, and told me to wax it once a week. Being less than fully educated about dreads I trusted the word of this person.Thanks to the way it was done and the amount of wax used. I now have a mess, I am having my dreads picked out and redone as I type this. I'm irate about this. STOP USING WAX! Don't make the mistake I did.
updated by @dreadfultravis: 02/14/15 07:50:28AM
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
Wait till tmrw bro....SE has got smthng amazing...you mite be able to save ur dreads!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
hmm ok i had to look that up and it doesnt seem to be a real dread wax? can u post ingredients?; it seems to be more a glue used to attach extentions?can u post ingredients and a photo of the package (jar bottle whatever)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DreadfulTravis
@dreadfultravis
14 years ago
44 posts
Tyler Durden said:
Wait till tmrw bro....SE has got smthng amazing...you mite be able to save ur dreads!
Well, I've had them less than a month so I figure it's best just to redo them.
DreadfulTravis
@dreadfultravis
14 years ago
44 posts
okay, I got the ingredients here. The ingredients are:KaolinPetrolatumCetearyl AlcoholMineral OilPEG-7 GlycerylCocoateAMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate copolymerButylene GlycolEthylhexyl MethoxycinnamateHelianthusAnnuus (Sunflower, Tournesol) Seed ExtractSiltDiazolidinyl UreaMethylparabenPropylene GlycolPropylparabenParfum (Fragrance)*here's a pick of the bottle.*

updated by @dreadfultravis: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
ok thats the exact same crap posted in another thread but i wouldnt ever put that in my hair ever but the good news is it should indeed come ouyt way easier then waxso wash it well then do a deep cleanse if u stuill feel like its in there then try the stuff were posting tomoro but that should wash out fairly easy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
That's styling wax. It's like hair gel that stays soft and you can move it even hours after you've put it on. I think that might wash out with regular shampoo.
DreadfulTravis
@dreadfultravis
14 years ago
44 posts
thanks everyone. I decided to start from square or....rather dread one.
DreadfulTravis
@dreadfultravis
14 years ago
44 posts
after picking them out, it's time to start redreading.
DreadfulTravis
@dreadfultravis
14 years ago
44 posts
this is what happened when I picked the shit out with all the wax.

updated by @dreadfultravis: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form