Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I decided to go natural.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i meant 5 minutes..lol if theyre wrapped up no airflow can lead to mustinessi wont tie em up put em in a hat or towel or anything till good and dry Tony Goodtime said:
hmm i see. aight ima test

soaringeagle said:
i dont use a towel they are more likely to smell if u do wrap em up in a towel even for 65 minutes after a shower i shake em out and go sit in the sun for 5-15 min if no sun i drip dry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 11:21:35PM
Justin Gibson
@justin-gibson
14 years ago
42 posts
good choice check out the dread products fourm and look at gread dread rinse that should help you out its free and works wonders
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
recoverytrouble you and your replies are simply adorable!! Great advice too! :o) recoverytrouble said:
Tony, I've started drying my hair by just squeezing sections out, then the same again but in the towel. Then I wrap it up in the towel on top of my head while I dry my bod (yeah it's a 2 towel system, I'm a big shot!) and brush teef etc. Once I'm ready to put clothes on it's usually dry enough to take out of the towel without dripping everywhere. I've gotten into the habit of only wetting them if I'm going to wash em, and only ever in the morning so I have all day for them to dry and am not going to sleep with wet hair.
Good choice on going natural for your dreads, you should take pics for a timeline:)
recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
14 years ago
70 posts
Thanks NW I think you're gorgeous too:DSE, I haven't noticed my hair smelling at all but would that be because it's still not matured as dreads? Should I just play it safe and squeeze as much out as possible then air dry only always? I have heard using a hairdryer isn't a great idea, and I couldn't be bothered, but I don't get any time to sit in the sun on a weekday.
Billy stafford
@billy-stafford
14 years ago
11 posts
when i was 10 i decided to get locks..later on at some point i got sick and they decided to fall out at the roots..anyway, i never once wore a wool hat..so what is the thing about a wool hat...i just want to know, that all...hehe...
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
i just posted this in my other thread, anyone kno if u i was to get braids liek this, http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/04/17/amd_lil_wayne.jpg and them not clean them like i was going natural with dreads, wouldnt they form into dreads preety much?
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
people have done that but it take a looot longer than it would if you just forgot about the braids. I've seen some pics of people with mature dreads that started as braids and they were about 7 years old but they looked maybe a year in maturity.

@billy the wool hats just help encourage some knots to form in undreaded hair at the beginning :o) Tony Goodtime said:

i just posted this in my other thread, anyone kno if u i was to get braids liek this,
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/04/17/amd_lil_wayne.jpg and them not clean them like i was going natural with dreads, wouldnt they form into dreads preety much?
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
really? thats preety cool NaturalWomyn said:
people have done that but it take a looot longer than it would if you just forgot about the braids. I've seen some pics of people with mature dreads that started as braids and they were about 7 years old but they looked maybe a year in maturity.

@billy the wool hats just help encourage some knots to form in undreaded hair at the beginning :o) Tony Goodtime said:

i just posted this in my other thread, anyone kno if u i was to get braids liek this,
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/04/17/amd_lil_wayne.jpg and them not clean them like i was going natural with dreads, wouldnt they form into dreads preety much?
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
It really just slows the process way down, I wouldn't recommend it at all. Tony Goodtime said:
really? thats preety cool

NaturalWomyn said:

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
*sigh* you aussie boys are waay too charming ;o) lol! recoverytrouble said:
Thanks NW I think you're gorgeous too:D

SE, I haven't noticed my hair smelling at all but would that be because it's still not matured as dreads? Should I just play it safe and squeeze as much out as possible then air dry only always? I have heard using a hairdryer isn't a great idea, and I couldn't be bothered, but I don't get any time to sit in the sun on a weekday.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form