Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I decided to go natural.

Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
im basicly on day one of going natural.im gonna listen and stay away from the salons and hopefully this works out.any advise on the best shampoos that are all natural? i kno i saw one or two in my other thread. if u guys could label the best of the best would be really helpful.i keep my hair in a ponytail almost 24/7, will this effect my hair dreading naturaly?theres so many people here who really know what there talking about so please guide me through.
updated by @tony-goodtime: 02/14/15 07:15:57AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
pony tail will slow dreading u need free movemenyt uu can tie in a pony for work but after let it loose also a pony tail could become a single dread if u dont let em loose and seperate

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Good choice to go natural! you really should let em hang for at least as long as you wear them up. My last set I had for a few years and I wore them up a LOT and they formed really funny, to the point where it was uncomfortable to wear them down. Get a tam! :o)
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
hmm i see, how long do you think to ill start to somewhat see some results in my hair?and that sounds kinda painful womyn ;( lol ill need to really keep my hair out as long as i can. even tho i kinda hate how my hair looks down, its so thick and poofy and thick lol. but is it good to shower everyday to get them wet? as long as i dont use condit and comb, and use the right shampoo i should be good?i cant really even separate my hair, its just pooofy and thick lol
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
nah not everyday it may not matter too much now but it's good to get into the habit of not getting them wet everyday unless you can be really sure they fully dry. Sometimes dreads seem dry but the core can still be wet and you don't want mold. Every other day should be fine or less often if you want.

It depends on your hair when you'll see a result I had mats forming in 48 hours!lol! Tony Goodtime said:

hmm i see, how long do you think to you start to somewhat see a result in your hair?
and that sounds kinda painful womyn ;( lol ill need to really keep my hair out as long as i can. is it good to shower everyday to get them wet? as long as i dont use condit and comb, and use the right shampoo i should be good?
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
i see, thats preety coool. how do i dry my hair without like undoing the dread if it was to start to form? i usually put my hair in a towel and twisit back and forth real quik draining the water out but idk with this NaturalWomyn said:
nah not everyday it may not matter too much now but it's good to get into the habit of not getting them wet everyday unless you can be really sure they fully dry. Sometimes dreads seem dry but the core can still be wet and you don't want mold. Every other day should be fine or less often if you want.

It depends on your hair when you'll see a result I had mats forming in 48 hours!lol! Tony Goodtime said:

hmm i see, how long do you think to you start to somewhat see a result in your hair?
and that sounds kinda painful womyn ;( lol ill need to really keep my hair out as long as i can. is it good to shower everyday to get them wet? as long as i dont use condit and comb, and use the right shampoo i should be good?
recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
14 years ago
70 posts
Tony, I've started drying my hair by just squeezing sections out, then the same again but in the towel. Then I wrap it up in the towel on top of my head while I dry my bod (yeah it's a 2 towel system, I'm a big shot!) and brush teef etc. Once I'm ready to put clothes on it's usually dry enough to take out of the towel without dripping everywhere. I've gotten into the habit of only wetting them if I'm going to wash em, and only ever in the morning so I have all day for them to dry and am not going to sleep with wet hair.Good choice on going natural for your dreads, you should take pics for a timeline:)
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
awesome dude, thanks for the reply. sounds like ill try that out. it wont get a bad smell if it air drys right?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i dont use a towel they are more likely to smell if u do wrap em up in a towel even for 65 minutes after a shower i shake em out and go sit in the sun for 5-15 min if no sun i drip dry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
hmm i see. aight ima test soaringeagle said:
i dont use a towel they are more likely to smell if u do wrap em up in a towel even for 65 minutes after a shower i shake em out and go sit in the sun for 5-15 min if no sun i drip dry
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form