Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey everyone, a little help please?

❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
10 years ago
751 posts
you can look at my pictures if you want, I did twist and rip(myself :P) and they've been locking a lot faster than I'd expected Tony Goodtime said:
yeahh your right

updated by @opaulao: 07/24/15 12:00:16AM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
10 years ago
751 posts
The majority who did TnR on this site(including me) did it themselves or got friends or family who had never done it before to help.Most are beginners because it's not as commonly known as backcombing is. But, if you can find someone who has done TnR near you (not likely but not impossible) then that's great, hire them to do it for you :)Edit- I just realized that I put that " everyone who starts with TnR is a beginner " and that is wrong, I meant the majority... sorry for my error :) FireChild said:
And if a person does TnR on their own hair and then help a variety of friends do it on THEIR hair well then they aren't a beginner now are they?
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
10 years ago
57 posts
i see, wowz.aight thankss alot everyoneee. you all have been a huggge helpp. honestly.and i likeee ur dreadss btww gurl ; )
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
10 years ago
390 posts
Seriously. Just stop brushing/combing your hair and stop using conditioner when you wash your hair. Your hair will form into dreadlocks without any help from you or anyone else.If you think your hair is to soft make some salt water and pour it into a spray bottle. Spray the salt water onto your hair. Let your hair dry and rinse the salt out of your hair an hour or two later. The salt water will make your hair coarser and more prone to knotting.Also, if you can't be patient with yourself and/or other people. Don't allow your hair to form into dreadlocks and/or don't allow someone else to start them for you. Having dreadlocks shows other people you are willing to be patient.
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
10 years ago
57 posts
really? that sounds ezish, my hair is really thick, so if i stop using conditioner and never brush again, will ineed to use a special shampoo also? GoldenEagle said:
Seriously. Just stop brushing/combing your hair and stop using conditioner when you wash your hair. Your hair will form into dreadlocks without any help from you or anyone else.

If you think your hair is to soft make some salt water and pour it into a spray bottle. Spray the salt water onto your hair. Let your hair dry and rinse the salt out of your hair an hour or two later. The salt water will make your hair coarser and more prone to knotting.

Also, if you can't be patient with yourself and/or other people. Don't allow your hair to form into dreadlocks and/or don't allow someone else to start them for you. Having dreadlocks shows other people you are willing to be patient.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
10 years ago
849 posts
I've NEVER heard of a caucasian person going to the salon and having good results. Not to say it's never happened we just see a lot of people very unhappy with the results afterward.
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
10 years ago
57 posts
lil wayne changed his hair up preety much to braids. he has it braided on top and the back he has thoese thick giant braids looking dreads lol http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/04/17/amd_lil_wayne.jpg
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
10 years ago
57 posts
yeah? lol any caucasian with some natural dreads hollla ; )
Justin Gibson
@justin-gibson
10 years ago
42 posts
just stop combing your hair and bam your done free and no chance of getting ripped off
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
10 years ago
57 posts
if u was to get braids like this, http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/04/17/amd_lil_wayne.jpg and not clean them like u was going natural for dreads, wouldnt they somewut form into dreads?

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form