Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey everyone, a little help please?

❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Those are just medium-thin dreads(I've seen a lot thinner) they don't have any special nameHere is the link to the guides page, http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dreading-methods For african textured hair, read the african american dreading guide For caucasian hair, I suggest only natural/neglect , or twist and rip .
updated by @opaulao: 07/22/15 08:54:23PM
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
i cant do my own dreads, thats out of the question. specialy for a 1st timer like me. and even someone whos experienced, i dont see how u dread urself. to me thats kinda stupid.so if i cant go to a salon, where the hell do i go? i want them professinaly done.if its bcz a salon will rip me off ill deal with it, but as long as they do it right idc.
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
aight well i decided that im probly gonna end up geting the 1st one since im white and thats my type of hair, http://i.ehow.com/images/a00/0g/n2/make-dreadlocks-200X200.jpg this is the twist and rip one right?when i go to get it done, ima make sure i tell this ladie no wax, and shit right? just do it normal?
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
loltrue that dude, but what about the salon part. its possible to get these done at a salon right? ill tell the chick no wax, all natural. alcohol freee and water soluble and ill show her a pic. i should be fine right?
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
i would bet on them doing some unorthodox method, wanting to use some sort of garbage on them, giving you horrible advice, and charging you a ton of money. If thats what your looking for, yes salons can give you whatever they cal dreads. I would say the MAJORITY of the active posters on this site, did theirs themselves or had a friend do them, or went natural. Every other day there seems to be a post about this or that having to do with salon dreads and most of the outcomes I read about are them taking out whatever the salon did, and going with a different way. Tony Goodtime said:
lol true that dude, but what about the salon part. its possible to get these done at a salon right? ill tell the chick no wax, all natural. alcohol freee and water soluble and ill show her a pic. i should be fine right?
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
Good man. thats what ima do
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
are those products wax free? lol cause i dont want any of that wax FireChild said:
The trick to a good salon experience no matter WHAT type of service you're getting done (cut, color, style) depends on being upfront about what you want. Hunt the product you want to use and bring it in with you. (Aloe is nice, I also like a product I'm using from Oyin right now. It's very light, washes right out and smells yum. My only beef is I have to order it online.) Call ahead and make sure they a) have experience with Caucasian hair or are willing to do the research and b) are willing to use your own products. If they give you a bunch of noise about having to use the products provided by the salon hang it up. You want someone who's willing to work with you to do your hair the way YOU want it done.

Tony Goodtime said:
lol true that dude, but what about the salon part. its possible to get these done at a salon right? ill tell the chick no wax, all natural. alcohol freee and water soluble and ill show her a pic. i should be fine right?
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
ye sounds good, ima try to find a place that carrys those products so i can mabey get them done 2moro stilll. if not ima have to get em offline and wait....... but i need the best all natural products. FireChild said:
Also portfolios. People who are proud of their work should be willing to show you pictures of it or let them come into the salon and watch them work while they're doing the service you want.

Tony Goodtime said:
Good man. thats what ima do
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Since you have caucasian hair, you don't need any products. All they will do is slick up your hair and make it slippery and make locking slower. If you want to use anything, I recommend a spray bottle with water and 1tbsp of sea salt to accelerate locking, it dries out the hair, making it coarser. Pure aloe vera gel can be used for a special occasion when you need them to look neat, but shouldn't be used often for the same reason as above.TnR should only be done once, in the beginning, so everyone who started their locs with TnR is a beginner.If you must go to a salon, I'm not sure if they would be willing to use your method. You're probably better off getting a friend or two to do it for you. and you can pay them so they'll do a good job. A salon is most likely going to try to pressure you into using their damaging methods.For your hair type, you want no products and you don't want any tools used on your hair.Also be aware that your dreads will not look like either of those pictures when you being. They will not even be dreads. More like sectioned hair with a few initial knots. you have to let the hair move around and lock for them to mature, then they will look the way your dreads should.Don't rush into a salon. Have a look around here for at least a week and make sure you're set on what you need to do.
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
yeahh your right

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form