Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey everyone, a little help please?

Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
wut it do, im about to get my dreads today and i was wondering if anyone here had some tips for me.how do i know if im geting riped off? whats the normal price range?also, i kno i read up about dread wax being bad. but i also hear its good at other places.i just wanna know the best way to take care of my dreads when i get them so they stay dreaded and they lock up correctly.thanks to anyone who can helpwowz, well i just went around the forums and basicly answered half these questions by myself. But anyone who can give some advise it would be great.
updated by @tony-goodtime: 02/14/15 09:41:12AM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
the contents of wax like vitamin e an whatever can be good for hair but not for Dreadlocks because of all the problems it can cause.are you going to a "pro" usually they can screw you over pretty big with their prices and if they don't really know what they are doing they can sometimes use harmful/detrimental methods that slow down your hair from really locking,how much are you paying? normal would probably be like around 40-60$ from what most people pay, but depending on the ego of some people ive heard it going up to 600$ and sometimes these expensive locks were just mangled hair covered in gel that immediately fell apart to normal hair in a few days/weeks.best thing if you really wanna go to a loctician is to research exactly what method you want/find out what methods they do and tell them exactly what you want,best maintenance afterwards is to just keep your hair clean and separated if they start to congo
RootsRasta
@rootsrasta
14 years ago
64 posts
i wouldnt use the wax from the get go,you will feel 1000times better in the next couple of months, and especially when they get mature.theres such a benefit to not have to worry if you have wax residue in your hair :)..all they need to do is backcomb, so i wouldnt pay more than 40$,, i got my girlfriend to do mine for me, and it took a couple of days
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
^ yeah I just got friends to backcomb mine, for free. the actual act of backcombing or any other starter method isn't that hard to pick up.
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
hmmm i see,this ladie at the place said it will cost 75 cause of how long it is.but i wwas looking to get the thin dreads, i want them like this http://chrisbarclay.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/lilwayne-dr... or like this http://i.ehow.com/images/a00/0g/n2/make-dreadlocks-200X200.jpg i kinda like the wayne ones more.whats the name style of these specific dreads?
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Hi! welcome to the site. I'm working on page that shows a lot of different people experiences with wax. It's still in the works at the moments but if you'd like to check it out so you can see why we all say no wax. If you're thinking about using dread wax or just wondering why it's so bad, read this! Many Blessings
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
thankks,im still unsure on what the specific dreads i want are called.well i got work now, ill be back in a few hours. thanks everyone
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I could be wrong but I don't think there is a specific name for either of those dreads. It's the difference between African textured hair and Caucasian hair. I think lil waynes MIGHT be extensions though?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dont "get them done" if u go to a salon your being ripped offno salons no wax and no paying to get them done dread yourself either go natural (best) or do it yourselfall salons will be a disaster

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dreads are dreads thick or thin theres no diference just if u want em thin make em thin..thats it do it youirself!!!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form