Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

seriously, coca cola dreadlocks?! and blah, cigarette smoke

MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
the bf is a chicken nugget whore and we went to McDonald's half an hour ago. the guy at the window had long shaggy blond hair, so with my new dread obsession...me: are you going to dreadlock your hair?him: yes, how'd you know?me: can't really tell, but I have baby dreadlocks. so are you going to use wax?him: no, I'm going to use coca cola.me: o.0???we were in the drive thru, so couldn't have a long conversation and ask, "Really?! someone has actually used coca cola?" I don't know if soda is worse than wax, but it has got to be up there in the list of things that's bad for your hair. it's bad for your body, teeth and health when drinking too much and I have these mental images of science experiments using soda to tenderize or dissolve meat. fortunately, on my way to ask for a refill of punch, he had just gotten off work and I asked him if he was really going to use coca cola and why. apparently, it was just what he was told to make dreads form and he is from Russia.me: isn't coca cola going to make your hair sticky?him: yes, isn't that the point?and I told him that clean hair actually dreads faster because it allows movement and the hairs to knot. I told him I got most of the info from here and gave the link. hopefully, he joins, reads the information and uses baking soda/acv or at the very least tells us about his experience and have photographs of other dreadies that started with this method. needless to say, I found the idea fascinating. Like a train wreck, can't look away.Anyone know of someone that used coca cola to start their dreads? If so, what was the result?on a side note he took down the url using his touch screen cell phone and his lit cigarette as a stylus; filter point down. I was intrigued and leaned in and now my hair smells like cigarette smoke. I just washed it yesterday.any tips on how to remove the smell without having to do another wash too early?
updated by @mzelaineous: 02/14/15 07:52:42AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wow haha well alotta ppl think u gotta be sticky thanks in part to jonny stickythey try everything from elmers glue to maple syrup to toothpaste and dog crapclay hell i know a chick in uk she went to a dread salonthe dread salon says "we dont use wax cause wax is bad for dreads" so she sits in the chair and out comers a bucket with thick black goop in it they poot it all over her head and mold it into "dreads" it was liquid latex yes rubber that then hardened (most;y) she left black rubber everywhere her clothes were ruined her furniture too everything she touched got covered in black rubberive even heard ppl use semenyea lots of ppl rthink they gotta be sticky like jonnyits a shameummsmoke try teatree?. pepermint?sage? a sage smudge

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
dog crap, latex and semen?! i dunno, maybe it's because of fail blog and cake wrecks, but i would really like to see pictures of how those dreads turned out...or even *ew* the process.what's a sage smudge? soaringeagle said:
wow haha well alotta ppl think u gotta be sticky thanks in part to jonny sticky
they try everything from elmers glue to maple syrup to toothpaste and dog crap
clay hell i know a chick in uk she went to a dread salon
the dread salon says "we dont use wax cause wax is bad for dreads" so she sits in the chair and out comers a bucket with thick black goop in it they poot it all over her head and mold it into "dreads" it was liquid latex yes rubber that then hardened (most;y) she left black rubber everywhere her clothes were ruined her furniture too everything she touched got covered in black rubber

ive even heard ppl use semen

yea lots of ppl rthink they gotta be sticky like jonny
its a shame

umm
smoke try teatree?. pepermint?
sage? a sage smudge
Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
14 years ago
66 posts
It's unbelieveable the things people will put in their hair to 'create' dreads when all they have to do is let nature take it's course.Clean hair and no comb makes beautiful, unique dreads so why destroy your hair by using something as stupid as coca cola? I mean, do these people not realise that it contains stuff that they use to preserve dead bodies? It's shocking.As for the smoke, I'm a smoker myself so I deal with the smell all the time. I find that the best method to get rid of it is spraying your hair with teatree oil or anything else along those lines that you like the smell of. It doesn't mask the smell, it actually removes it and means you don't have to keep washing your hair to remove it
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
eh yeah I'd really try to convince him out of doing that, hell if he wanted something sticky and messy as hell he could just use honey, least the ph on that isn't crazy like coke so it won't burn his hair,, as for cleaning yeah just do something with tea tree, that's always been my savior in conjunction with other essential oils
DeafyJae
@deafyjae
14 years ago
19 posts
LOL! This made my day.....COKE! I wonder if Pepsi will try to compete now. Can you imagine new commercials that say "Not only refreshing, its dreadfully good!"
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
LOL WOW! some people just don't have a whole lotta common sense! I've definitely heard of maple syrup, glue, peanut butter and eggs~yeechhh(can u imagine the bugs that crap would attract and the smell!!!)

Good for you spreading the truth mama! Much Love

Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
14 years ago
66 posts
Hahaha that's classic! DeafyJae said:
LOL! This made my day.....COKE! I wonder if Pepsi will try to compete now. Can you imagine new commercials that say "Not only refreshing, its dreadfully good!"
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Oh man...I feel bad for people who are so misinformed in dreadlocks...if only everyone could come here before dreading..
Kimba
@kimba
14 years ago
16 posts
Bet coca cola would get rid of the cigarette smell :Pjust kidding but wow I never had the desire to put anything sticky like poop in my hair...Don't people realize that coka cola can take the paint off your car--I cant imagine what it would do to your hair if left in. Might as well use bubblegum lol :D
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form