Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dr Bronner's Shampoo

Alicia Burnit
@alicia-burnit
14 years ago
17 posts
Is it just me or does Dr Bronner's leave anyone else's hair feeling almost sticky?Maybe I have hard water and that's why. But does anyone else have this issue?
updated by @alicia-burnit: 01/13/15 08:43:19PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its the water but yea it should be diluted s ton 12-18 times more water then soap

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jammin' Jay
@jammin-jay
14 years ago
30 posts
I use Dr. Bronner's too, but I've never noticed a sticky residue. It could be your water or dirty pipes of something. I used to have a similar issue when I was using Dove soap in my hair, but my hair's felt squeeky clean since using Dr. B's. I don't dilute it, though. should I be?
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
It's the hard water. I live in southern California and we have insanely hard water around here. No matter how much I dilute it, it seems to leave a nasty almost sticky/tacky residue. Never seemed to wash clean. Now, I never had that problem with using it on my body, but always on my hair.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Dilution is a matter of preference. The bottle will last you ten times longer if you dilute it though. Jammin' Jay said:
I use Dr. Bronner's too, but I've never noticed a sticky residue. It could be your water or dirty pipes of something. I used to have a similar issue when I was using Dove soap in my hair, but my hair's felt squeeky clean since using Dr. B's. I don't dilute it, though. should I be?
Alicia Burnit
@alicia-burnit
14 years ago
17 posts
Yeah, I diluted 12/1, I will definitely try more like 18/1 next time. Thanks! soaringeagle said:
its the water but yea it should be diluted s ton 12-18 times more water then soap
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dr b is super concentrated on the label it gives u a dozen diferent dilutions for a dozen diferent purposesits suposed to be liluted a whole lot especialy for dread shampooand will last u 12 times longer(and be 12 times cheaper) Jammin' Jay said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Radha Das
@radha-das
14 years ago
14 posts
My hair is fine but I have alot of it and Dr.Bonners doesn't work for me, it leaves a residue. I like Natures Garden.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Yup it was definitely the water. The exact same thing happened to me..at first I though it was my scalp that was oily then I switched to the BS/ACV and it was completely clean in 2 washes
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
I have the same problem but SE had mentioned adding Borax and last night I found a recipe for just that addition....2 oz. Dr. B's, 1/2 cup hot water, 1/4 tsp. Borax and if you like add. 1 tbsp. of acv and 10 drops essential oil. I have noticed that everytime I use acv my hair feels amazing but it takes out my progress! The Borax should help with the hard water problem.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form