Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

another noob, here

joyful.d
@joyfuld
14 years ago
9 posts
Hello! After doing daily battle (and usually losing) with my hair for almost 20 years, I took the plunge five weeks ago and have embraced the crazy! And I love it! I backcombed (hadn't found this site...if only I'd known!) so they've been doing what I've since learned to be typical undreading and reknotting on their own. I'm trying to just sit back and let it be what it'll be, and as challenging as that is at times ("I want fabulous dreads right now !") I've been finding it really freeing. Peaceful.Here are my dreadlings:

updated by @joyfuld: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Welcome! You are so cute and dreads totally suit you! I can't wait to see them once they mature. Many Blessings
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
Welcome to our family Darlene, it's nice to meet you. NaturalWomyn is right, you are so cute and your dreads really just push the adorable factor right to its' limit. They look like they will lock up very very well. I'm really excited to see how they mature. Have fun looking thru the forums and be sure to keep us updated on your journey.
joyful.d
@joyfuld
14 years ago
9 posts
Thanks, NW and Rachael!Rachael, it's been really neat for me to just accept the fuzziness after so long battling it and, really, fearing it. Always trying to make my hair look and behave like straight hair that had been curled, rather than hair that was just naturally curly. Very bad for the psyche. This is so much better for me (I feel like I should break into "Free to Be, You and Me"!)!
Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
14 years ago
66 posts
You and you're dreads are gorgeous.I'm so glad you've joined.. welcome to our family!You're dreads are going to be beautiful when they mature. Even after 5 weeks they are looking great and definitley on the right track.It's such a great feeling to be free, isn't it? Not having to worry about every little hair that isn't sitting in the right place. Just being able to get up out of bed and get on with the day.I wish you all the best in your journey (:
recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
14 years ago
70 posts
Hi there:) teriffic step you've taken and your hair is looking amazing already. It looks like it will turn into lovely soft, full dreads quickly. It really suits you.
Dragonfly
@dragonfly
14 years ago
47 posts
This is *exactly* what I've been thinking the last few days. Hooray for embracing the fuzzies! joyful.d said:
Rachael, it's been really neat for me to just accept the fuzziness after so long battling it and, really, fearing it. Always trying to make my hair look and behave like straight hair that had been curled, rather than hair that was just naturally curly. Very bad for the psyche. This is so much better for me (I feel like I should break into "Free to Be, You and Me"!)!
Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
14 years ago
66 posts
Same here (:It's a great feeling to let go and enjoy the fuzzies for what they are (:
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form