Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

"Mature" Dreadlocks

Stephanie Shepherd
@stephanie-shepherd
14 years ago
51 posts
Can someone please define "mature" dreads for me? I've seen a lot of talk about "when they mature" and such, but for someone who's early in her journey and the only dreadie in her circle, what exactly does it mean (besides having them a whole lot longer than my current 29 days)? It might help if someone could show me with a photo comparison or something...
updated by @stephanie-shepherd: 01/13/15 08:43:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
mature dreads are anywhere from 1-2 years old they have settled down after the wild teen stage the loops have (mostly) pulled in and become surface texture the fuzziness has settled downthey dont change so drasticly week by weekthey still change some but not as drasticlyits alot like when a kid becomes an adult they settle down become somewhat less wild and crazy and just behave more maturelytheyre tight as theyre gonna get fully dreaded

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
It takes a year or more for dreads to mature. Once they are locked up tight, stop shrinking and start growing they are considered more or less mature. Although it's really a process that takes years and is never the same on any one person.
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
The time to mature is different for everyone, based upon their care routines and hair types, but it generally means when the hair in a dread as formed knots that can't get much (or any) tighter. And the level of maturity can differ from head to head as well, your mature dreads may not be as tight as mine, or vise versa, but only you can determine when your dreads have fully matured, and don't worry, you'll know when they're getting there.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

these are pretty mature (at about 18 years)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
lol, should hope so, but shouldn't they be getting a job and moving out soon? Or was that just my parents when I was 18?
Stephanie Shepherd
@stephanie-shepherd
14 years ago
51 posts
LOL! I totally saw that one coming, SE. soaringeagle said:
these are pretty mature (at about 18 years)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form