Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

When does it all start to "pull" together???

MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Not stressing about this or anything, but just wondering...I was looking in the mirror today at my hair - I have some locks that are actually going through that "tightening" stage where they are loopy and kinky (LOVE them)!!! Then I have some that are still really kind of loose and just look like "fuzzy" hair wads. Then I still have a bunch of little loose hairs in between all of this that are not dreaded yet, but still "velcro" to the hair that is dreading. I actually LOVE the stage I am at right now (about six months in), but wondering when this all kind of "pulls itself together"???? Right now I just have really WILD hair! On top of this, I still have all the curl that I had before I started dreading, so I have all these really funky, curly, dreaded areas and then funky, curly, fuzzy areas LOL! I actually like it!!! Does this all eventually even out??? I am kind of hoping my dreads don't get boring and uniform!!!
updated by @midread: 01/13/15 08:43:03PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wow that sounds amazing and they are well in the later teen years say 15-17 range and u know how some kids can be in those yearsbutu also know how some of those kids can be when adults too if they are nurtured not tortured thro those yearsthey will retain alotta personality maybe get some tats and peircingsbut still hold down a job, they'll probly draw the line at facial tatoos and a lipdisk and instead be slightly more refined then the wild teen years while still being a party animal after hoursyou'll know are tyour dreads the kinda dreades to lie around on the couch and not really get into loving or are they the type to want to travel the wotld or start a carrerthey will mayure when they are ready to mature based on their personalitiesbut theyre getting more mature every month

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Ha-Ha! LOVE that answer!! You are just too funny SE! I just had my birthday last month and at 42 with two kids and a 20 year old marriage I STILL haven't gotten out of my rebellious teen years!!! LOL! Maybe my hair will follow my personality and just be FUNKY!!! soaringeagle said:
wow that sounds amazing and they are well in the later teen years say 15-17 range and u know how some kids can be in those years
but

u also know how some of those kids can be when adults too if they are nurtured not tortured thro those years
they will retain alotta personality maybe get some tats and peircings
but still hold down a job, they'll probly draw the line at facial tatoos and a lipdisk and instead be slightly more refined then the wild teen years while still being a party animal after hours

you'll know are tyour dreads the kinda dreades to lie around on the couch and not really get into loving or are they the type to want to travel the wotld or start a carrer
they will mayure when they are ready to mature based on their personalities
but theyre getting more mature every month
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form