Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Questions about Baby dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
backcombings a soso way they tend to unravel and they stick up and look funny for weeks twist and rip or naturals better backcombings ok iy u go easy6 o9n it le and dongt go crazy on itid never dio it but its not as bad as other methiod twists like u got only work on african hair she musta been a black hairderesser? without dreads too?baxckcombings fairly damaging too Leo said:
Idk she said she had some "other stuff" mixed in with the dread wax
Do you beleve back combing is a good way to get dreads

soaringeagle said:
if your able to get all the wax out without combing it ourt yes but twists wont really hold together so u will end up going natural anyways all the sectioning will probly come apart and u saisd she used or did "other stuff" what else was there a dread perm> interlocking? the more details u give te better cause some of what she co9uld have done can be totaly devastating even worse thyen wax what was the "other stuff" Leo said:
So adding on a question

Could I clean the wax off each twist individually cause she did a good job sectioning it
Could I just section it off and wash it with that soap and each section will eventually start dreading?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/11/15 08:48:38AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
srry computers acting up lemme reboot brb

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok i can trpe againhairs covered in scale like cuticles that open and close responding to different conditions like temp etc wax seals them closed so the hair cant breathe properlybackcomb tho rips them open damaging them so they cant close rightthe hair gets a ro9ugh texture and is easily broken or split and frayed since the protective cuticles are tore upthe damage is not reparable but it can vary from mi8ld to extreme depending how aggressively u backcombtwist and rips much more gentle...and more effective and wont look goofy either

--
recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
14 years ago
70 posts
If you can manage to get rid of all the wax and whatever she's put in your hair, take out the sections she thought you should have, give it another wash for good measure then leave it for a few days. Without combing or brushing, you'll see where your hair will naturally section to. This will give you a good indication of where to twist & rip if that's gonna be your choice. Otherwise the sections will dread anyway. T&R will give you a little more control over the size of each lock and a little leg up on the start of the process. They'll loosen and tighten but the dreads will be on their way, no sticky plop in em, hanging free and looking deadly!Good luck!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form