Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Questions about Baby dreads

Leo
@leo
14 years ago
18 posts
Hello, I just got dreads at a salon,didn't feel like risking messin it up by doin it myself, she used the twist and pin method (I'm white[don't kno I that matters]) she used dead wax mixed with some other things, is what she told me.She told me to: occasionally to use hairspray on them; palm roll them; not to get them wet for a long time; and wait1. Idk if this is good or how long I need to use it, how much to use, or when to use it2. Idk when I should start doing this because I tried this recently and it made one loose (remember white person hair; twist & pin method)3. She never actually told me how long before I should wash them, just kept telling me a while:/4. How long will it take?
updated by @leo: 02/14/15 11:22:04AM
Stephanie Shepherd
@stephanie-shepherd
14 years ago
51 posts
This doesn't really answer your question but I'm only using saltwater and a weekly residue-free washing. My hair has started dreading all by itself with no wax (or pins or rubber bands or hairspray) or anything. Today I have more starts than yesterday, and tomorrow, I'll have even more. That wax is just going to seal moisture into your hair and make it mold and rot. Sucks that you spent money on something you're best off undoing, though. I'd suggest searching "wax removal" in the forums here.Welcome, though.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u paid someone to screw u up and u coulda done it right yourself wax is bad and twists are only for afican hair u need to start over right1 never use4 wax or hairspray! 2 dont do twists 3 wash your hair! 4 never ever ever trust any salongs to do dreadsnow wash your hair comb them out dewax (wax is almost imposible to remove) then either go natuural(best) or twist and ripdo it yourself! demand your money back she had no idea what she was doing and she screwed uhow much did u pay for that?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
lets see what they look like too

--
Leo
@leo
14 years ago
18 posts

soaringeagle said:
u paid someone to screw u up and u coulda done it right yourself wax is bad and twists are only for afican hair u need to start over right1 never use4 wax or hairspray! 2 dont do twists 3 wash your hair! 4 never ever ever trust any salongs to do dreadsnow wash your hair comb them out dewax (wax is almost imposible to remove) then either go natuural(best) or twist and ripdo it yourself! demand your money back she had no idea what she was doing and she screwed uhow much did u pay for that?
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I'm not sure what the twist and pin method is, but first thing first, do not put any more wax in your hair. It only slows the process down giving you the illusion that your hair is locking. It never gets out and its just nasty shit. There is a wax removal guide on this site,i highly recommend you find it and start getting as much out as possible. Don't spray hair spray in your hair, that isn't doing anything for you. Dreads are locked hair not hair stuck together by wax and hair spray. Wash your hair using a non residue shampoo,a lot of the members on this site prefer to use a mixture of baking soda and essential oils followed by a apple cider vinegar rinse. There are guides out on the site how to tailor the wash to your particular needs. Clean hair dreads faster them dirty hair. I wash every 2 or3 days.
Leo
@leo
14 years ago
18 posts
So adding on a questionCould I clean the wax off each twist individually cause she did a good job sectioning itCould I just section it off and wash it with that soap and each section will eventually start dreading?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if your able to get all the wax out without combing it ourt yes but twists wont really hold together so u will end up going natural anyways all the sectioning will probly come apart and u saisd she used or did "other stuff" what else was there a dread perm> interlocking? the more details u give te better cause some of what she co9uld have done can be totaly devastating even worse thyen waxwhat was the "other stuff" Leo said:
So adding on a question

Could I clean the wax off each twist individually cause she did a good job sectioning it

Could I just section it off and wash it with that soap and each section will eventually start dreading?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
can u add a picture too lets see what they look like

--
Leo
@leo
14 years ago
18 posts
Idk she said she had some "other stuff" mixed in with the dread waxDo you beleve back combing is a good way to get dreads

soaringeagle said:
if your able to get all the wax out without combing it ourt yes but twists wont really hold together so u will end up going natural anyways all the sectioning will probly come apart and u saisd she used or did "other stuff" what else was there a dread perm> interlocking? the more details u give te better cause some of what she co9uld have done can be totaly devastating even worse thyen waxwhat was the "other stuff" Leo said:
So adding on a question

Could I clean the wax off each twist individually cause she did a good job sectioning it

Could I just section it off and wash it with that soap and each section will eventually start dreading?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form