Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Essential oil perfume in dread wash?

Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I do hope this is in the right category, it's a bit of a strange question. I know that many people add essential oils to their wash... so would it cause any damage to my dreads to add an essential oil perfume (a blend of various essential oils, but all are essential oils) to my dread wash? I don't use body mist or anything in my dreads because the alcohol can dry them out, and I don't want the scent to go rancid in my hair. So will there be any problems with adding essential oil blends to my wash routine? I think it'd be awesome for my hair to smell like some of the gorgeous blends from blackphoenixalchemylab.com.Also, when would be the best to add these oils to the wash? With the baking soda, or with the vinegar rinse? I'd like the get as much scent as possible, without damage or excess oil left in my dreads.
updated by @faelwynn: 02/14/15 11:22:02AM
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Seems like a good idea to me. I put lavender in my wash and rinse.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i usew in both baking soda and acv i use teartree rosemary and lavander i love em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well after looking at that site id be afraid that your dreads would turn to snakes or youll get the taste for virgin blood or you'll be cursed with boils or infirtility

--
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
dread spray = essential oils + water or is there more to it than that? I'm considering making my own dread spray and possibly with a dash of sea salt. YUM hehehe... Knottysleeves said:
Maybe make your own dread spray to use after washing? That way you won't lose any of the oils during the wash. And you'd only be spraying a fine mist... not enough oil to leave residues or hinder locking.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Why would you think something like that? The place is freaking marvelous! soaringeagle said:
well after looking at that site id be afraid that your dreads would turn to snakes or youll get the taste for virgin blood or you'll be cursed with boils or infirtility
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I think I like this idea best. A few drops in water for my hair, and then a few touches of it on pulse points for all over smell goods. Knottysleeves said:
Maybe make your own dread spray to use after washing? That way you won't lose any of the oils during the wash. And you'd only be spraying a fine mist... not enough oil to leave residues or hinder locking.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha just by the way they designed the site and market it..loli was being silly but that sites just...odd Faelwynn said:
Why would you think something like that? The place is freaking marvelous!

soaringeagle said:

--
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Not odd at all if you've lived in the gothic circle your entire life. Feels right at home to me ^-^ soaringeagle said:
haha just by the way they designed the site and market it..lol
i was being silly but that sites just...odd

Faelwynn said:
Why would you think something like that? The place is freaking marvelous!

soaringeagle said:
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I've tried something like that...with peppermint oil. I made it for the itch but the smell was really nice :) MzElaineous said:
dread spray = essential oils + water or is there more to it than that? I'm considering making my own dread spray and possibly with a dash of sea salt. YUM hehehe...

Knottysleeves said:
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form