Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

DR B's & Greasy Question

peacelovinmama
@peacelovinmama
14 years ago
30 posts
i use a bar - so not much help here. when i do use the tea tree dr b's - i use 2-3 drops for my whole head - and let the water take it from my fingers to my head - so sorta diluting - sorta not.on another note - has anyone thoroughly researched baking soda? seems that arm & hammer claims to be mining it out of wyoming...as soda ash. then it undergoes a seemingly harmless process to become what we lovingly use. however - it can also be made chemically. should we be worried about the possibility that arm&hammer is using the chemical verison rather than the mining version?
updated by @peacelovinmama: 07/09/15 11:02:47PM
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
When I was using the liquid dr b I found that if I did not dilute it well enough it left my hair feeling greasy
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
I used a tablespoon of BS in 1 cup of water. it fully dissolved into a cloudy mixture. I pored it on and left it for about 7 minutes. than added 2 caps of avc into a cup of water. and let that sit for about 5 minutes Knottysleeves said:
Dr B's doesn't suds up very well. Try pouring the diluted mix all over your scalp and then gently using your fingertips to work it in. It still won't lather much, though.

For the baking soda leaving your hair stiff -- how much did you use, and did you mix it thoroughly so it was fully dissolved before applying?

Joe muir said:
Hi everyone. while we're on the subject of cleaning. how much docter bronners should i use per wash? do I pour the whole diluted mixture on my head or justa little bit? I took a shower this morning using some but I couldnt get any suds going. Im not even sure If I cleaned anything. I tried baking soda/acv rinse 2 days back and it left my hair very stiff and awkward.
Joe muir
@joe-muir
14 years ago
75 posts
i rinsed with water then i did acv than rinsed that out
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Odd idea, but you may be overwashing... if not that, then your scalp may be trying to transition to a longer period of time between washes (that will usually take about 6 weeks for the oil production to chill). It almost sounds like your scalp is trying to compensate and create more oils, hence the overly oiliness. If it's just the soap, then you can always try to do a acv rinse after the soaps... acv cures all. I had to stop using dr. b's on anything but my body and household cleaning because it always left that ucky feeling regardless of the concentration thanks to SoCal's insanely hard water. At the moment I'm just using the baking soda and acv, and it's working wonders on my hair. I still use the dr. b's tea tree bar on my face, but am about to try the oil cleansing method instead, as the tea tree has started doing me very little, if any good.
peacelovinmama
@peacelovinmama
14 years ago
30 posts
Thanks everyone...wow - super pool of knowledge floating around here.decisions i have made based on all of your comments - and my subsequent research...dr b's just may not be for me...at least not in this water...i will try it again once we are back to our well...(which is not hard at all...we used it for a few years - and never had any issues...it is from a huge, clean aquafer pool up in the mountains...only problem we have is occasional sulpher - but not really much of an issue)baking soda is all i will be using for my main cleanser on hairgoing to try adding rosemary and tea tree drops today (no thyme at sprouts/whole foods)going to make a thyme tea spray to leave in (maybe tomorrow)i bought grandpa's (my hubby's favorite brand) baking soda soap too...coconut oil, palm oil, water, glycerin, baking soda...maybe for the rest of my skin.so vinegar - i still have not decided about acv rinse. i used white vinegar both times i did this so far. why ac instead of white? does it just strip your hair of any remains residues? is that the point? i am going to run to the store wuick....should i get the ac? or just use the whit ei have here?

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form