Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Decided

Shayla Waychoff
@shayla-waychoff
14 years ago
33 posts
Thinking and thinking, going back and forth, and seeing all the amazing pictures of this site of all the beautiful people rockin' the locs.. it's so empowering. People who know me would be shocked to hear that I of all people would want dreadlocks.Some major things have happened lately in life.. and I wanted a fresh start. So I cut my hair but that didn't help since I've had this same bob over the years. But to do something so amazing as getting dreadlocks.. I think it's what I've been looking for.I want to break out of my stupid shell that I've been locked inside, and loc it up outside! :) Life is changing.. you only live once.. take risks and have fun doing them - no regrets in the end.I decided on something other than natural. No offense to the natural people, you're awesome for doing it, but I don't want something THAT extreme. So I think maybe TnR? People say no backcombing, no crocheting and absolutely no wax. If people know of other ways, please please post them! I'm doing my share of research before starting this.
updated by @shayla-waychoff: 02/14/15 09:28:01PM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
That's awesome :)Dreadlocks are definitely right if you want a change in your life. When I started mine I hadn't even known they would impact me inside as much as they have. They've given me a sense of security and filled me with much more self confidence than I've ever had :DTnR is the way to go... I did it and couldn't be happier with the results!
Shayla Waychoff
@shayla-waychoff
14 years ago
33 posts
Thanks for your input. Your dreads are beautiful by the way. Yeah, I need something drastic.. and I hear getting locs is a journey and that's something I need right now. I self journey :) Paula said:
That's awesome :)
Dreadlocks are definitely right if you want a change in your life. When I started mine I hadn't even known they would impact me inside as much as they have. They've given me a sense of security and filled me with much more self confidence than I've ever had :D

TnR is the way to go... I did it and couldn't be happier with the results!
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Thank you!! They're still babies :)And good luck on your journey!:D Shayla Waychoff said:
Thanks for your input. Your dreads are beautiful by the way. Yeah, I need something drastic.. and I hear getting locs is a journey and that's something I need right now. I self journey :)
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I feel the same Paula said:
That's awesome :)
Dreadlocks are definitely right if you want a change in your life. When I started mine I hadn't even known they would impact me inside as much as they have. They've given me a sense of security and filled me with much more self confidence than I've ever had :D

TnR is the way to go... I did it and couldn't be happier with the results!
Shayla Waychoff
@shayla-waychoff
14 years ago
33 posts
By the way, my hair looks similar to this. (I took this photo from google - my camera isn't working right now)

My hair is longer in the front though, coming down almost to my shoulders. (I have a short neck though too lol!) But yeah, it's a little layered in the back. The shortest are the underneath hairs at about an inch.How long does your hair need to be to do T&R?
updated by @shayla-waychoff: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
backcombings not terible just not the best i wouldnnt warn u not to9 but will tell u u will look like a clown lol t&r is next best thing to naturaland a good compromise and yea no wax no crochett&r is easy to do tooand more effective then backcomb

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
4 inches about or more u can in 3 but 4 will hold better the underneath u can let go natural

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
BeeSaav
@beesaav
14 years ago
28 posts
TnR is great. its the method i used and ...hmm ill post a picture of wht they look like as soon as i figure out how to put them here.ive had them for a week and like 3 days.they look awesomecongrats on deciding on embarking this journey =]
Shayla Waychoff
@shayla-waychoff
14 years ago
33 posts
Thanks! :) I'll grow my hair out a little and see where I'm at then. soaringeagle said:
4 inches about or more u can in 3 but 4 will hold better the underneath u can let go natural
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form