Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

crochet recovery question

karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
hey guys...im wondering is there anyone out there that went from crochet made dreados to full dread recovery?Is it possible? Im ok with whatever happens to my hair, this is my path, im just curious to what other people in the same boat have experianced.I have not maintained with crochet hook at all, all i do is wash and seperate congos. i got my dreads made :( 2-3 months ago.I have wondered about cutting my hair off and starting again, i think brushing it out would take about a week and seems a bit intense to even imagine to be honest.I was hoping for low maintenance hair...so...can I still do it if i keep ignoring it :)lovagekaren
updated by @karen: 01/13/15 08:42:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i believe u can naturalize nearly fully they wilol have some damage biut the extreme tighhtness and fakeness should recover and become more natural lets see them now

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
Hi, I dont know how to add a pic to a reply so I just posted it to my page...its called dreads now, its taken with a webcam.I figure I just keep letting them do their own thing theyll figure it out :) soaringeagle said:
i believe u can naturalize nearly fully they wilol have some damage biut the extreme tighhtness and fakeness should recover and become more natural lets see them now
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
where u type theres a camera button click it to add a picor below it thers upload files to add as attachment too karen said:
Hi, I dont know how to add a pic to a reply so I just posted it to my page...its called dreads now, its taken with a webcam.
I figure I just keep letting them do their own thing theyll figure it out :)

soaringeagle said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
Considering your dreads were only crocheted the one time, I have little doubt that if you continue to simply neglect them they will recover completely. Overtime they will loosen up and the surface will get a bit softer (and loose the velcroey texture crochet can cause). Crocheting does cause some damage (although a knowledgeable, careful technician can minimize it) and the 'weakness' it can cause is from breaking hair. Dreadlocks draw their strength from the 'long fibers' of your hair, much in the same way rope does. Crocheting too often or too aggressively is often the only situation where 'recovery' might be questionable, but I think you will be just fine. :-)
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
Thanks :)I have seen pictures of worse outcomes of crochet than mine so i feel kind of lucky :) I did have a dream last night that they all came out and I could start again natural...but this is my path :)
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
hmmm...thats interesting...My hair has been coming out of the dreads and im leaving it there, assuming that in its own time it will find its way back in.I was considering buying a metal comb and combing out the front one dread to see a)how long it takes and b) how much damage there is. Im REALLY into low maintenance so id be happy enough to watch them do their thing for a while :)Im hoping that if I keep growing they will figure it out...this is not what happend with you tho? *starts thinking*
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form