Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

1 month into TnR dreadlocks

Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
I just uploaded my 1 month album photos. My pics aren't great, but you can see how tight they were from the TnR at the root in the beginning and how they have loosened at the root and look much nicer and more natural now. I am entering a crazy stage, I think, every morning when I wake up I have another dreadlock that has gone totally loopy on me. They are tightening up nice on the length of the locks and never really came undone much like many complain about. Although they are fuzzier than a month ago, I don't think they are very fuzzy at all (obviously this could change any day) although I have had to make 3 new dreadlocks from all the extra hairs that have escaped from their designated locks.I have been washing 2x a week with baking soda rinse/ACV rinse and peppermint oil. I spray the length with a sea salt lavender EO mix 3 or 4 times throughout the day on the day prior to my wash and i think this helps to keep them tight and the frizzies at bay.I absolutely love them and am sad that it took me 10 years to finally lock my hair, but I can see where it may not have been right for me before now and I appreciate that. It feels like I have had them forever already. I thought I would dye them or use some extensions to make them more presentable or likable to me, but I LOVE them just the way they are. Lots of pride in knowing I did it myself. THanks for the info to this group :)
updated by @mama-harrison: 01/13/15 08:42:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i looked already and my god they look amazing! i think u should move this to the timelines section and add all the pics cause those are some of the most gorgouse 1 month old dreads i ever saw

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
Wow *blushing* thanks, SE! I absolutely LOVE them and I feel like they have been here for far longer than 1 month. My hubby says they suit me very well. Thanks for talking me outta the dreadperm disaster (even though I was mean about it when you did--ha)!! I didn't know there was a timeline forum, but I will move it now and add the pics as you suggested.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dont see the pics here yet but hey u can be mean to me anytime if it gets u such amazing results :)but if u woulda dreadpermed u woulda got a spanking from every single member here!u have dreads to be proud of now and its all thanks to doin em yourself as naturaly as u could and they came ourt.. just amazing..awe inspiringcan i add 1 to the t&r page ?ill add it and send the link for yoir approval

--
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
I made a separate post with pics in the timeline forum. You are welcome to use any of my pics on this site SE. Thanks for the encouragement and the info! soaringeagle said:
dont see the pics here yet but hey u can be mean to me anytime if it gets u such amazing results :)
but if u woulda dreadpermed u woulda got a spanking from every single member here!

u have dreads to be proud of now and its all thanks to doin em yourself as naturaly as u could and they came ourt.. just amazing..awe inspiring

can i add 1 to the t&r page ?
ill add it and send the link for yoir approval
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
Thanks! I always *knew* dreadlocks were 'me'! can't believe I waited 10 years to finally do it. Crixus said:
wow, thats stellar progress in one month. I am almost in disbelief
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u see the t&r page with your pic?

--
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
sure did :) I am becoming an internet sensation (hahahA) I have been on sites displaying my tattoos and for babywearing and now for dreadlocks! I hope that I can inspire through the visual medium :) Each one~Teach one!thanks for the great forum SE! soaringeagle said:
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
hmm..why didn't my links show up? Mama Harrison said:
sure did :) I am becoming an internet sensation (hahahA) I have been on sites displaying my tattoos and for babywearing and now for dreadlocks! I hope that I can inspire through the visual medium :) Each one~Teach one!

thanks for the great forum SE!

soaringeagle said:
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form