Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Serious case of the Fuzzy Wuzzies!

MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
10 years ago
87 posts
I have eczema (extremely dry skin) and I was debating between solely using the baking soda rinse vs. baking soda + acv and whether it was worth it to forgo acv to help the dreads lock, but put up with scalp irritation. Excellent tip! Thanks NaturalWomyn :)@Gary, I suppose if your scalp doesn't get irritated with only using a baking soda rinse, I'd take advantage and rarely use acv. Try the rinses yet?@Chewin, no my bad we're both baby dreadies, mehehe. NaturalWomyn said:
putting the acv in one of those squirt bottles you can buy at beauty supply stores stops the hair from getting un-knotted with use. Just squirt it sparingly on your scalp and then rinse, some will obviously still get in there but not nearly as much.

Chewin Change said:
thanks my bad!

MzElaineous said:
For new baby dreads it's recommended that acv use is limited. it conditions and will definitely unlock some of the progress. But acv is also fantastic for an itchy scalp.

Have fun on your dread journey :)

Chewin Change said:

Fuzzies can also happen from the hair bein a little dry. Try conditioning via a BS/ACV wash.

updated by @mzelaineous: 07/09/15 10:41:42PM
DeafyJae
@deafyjae
10 years ago
19 posts
Dude...I had mine backcombed last saturday as well. No wax, just aloe vera. Right now it looks like a pile of shit with a lot of hair that has come loose. I JUST washed it for the first time today using knottyboy soap/shampoo. That was a new experience all together. I read that you should wait for 2 weeks after backcombing...OH PLEASE.....SE is right, wash when you feel it needs to be done. Simply said. But, I am proud of my messy head. It means I am coming along just fine! Just sit back and enjoy life! Glad to have a fellow brother dreading at the same time!
Gary Charlesworth
@gary-charlesworth
10 years ago
50 posts
Awesome, garanteed it will look like shit before it looks awesome, but thats the bits im looking forward to most. If i can be happy with them during the bad bits, then I'll love them even more! I put a link to my youtube vLog in the timeline forum. Check it out.Peace & Love All
DeafyJae
@deafyjae
10 years ago
19 posts
Agreed! However my cats are avoiding me! CAVE MAN--GRRRRRRRR Gary Charlesworth said:
Awesome, garanteed it will look like shit before it looks awesome, but thats the bits im looking forward to most. If i can be happy with them during the bad bits, then I'll love them even more! I put a link to my youtube vLog in the timeline forum. Check it out.

Peace & Love All
BeeSaav
@beesaav
10 years ago
28 posts
fuzzies are good!why would you want to get rid of something that sounds so cute? =ppalm rolling diesnt realy do anything except make your arms hurtive heard aloe vera helps with the frizzies, but idk about using them on baby dreads.but embrace your fuzzies!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form