Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Experimentations

Jaquerian McCain
@jaquerian-mccain
14 years ago
45 posts
LOL! Okay thats funny. And I wish you all the luck with each different step along your journey. Find out whats best for you. And regardless of what others say - stand your ground. After all it is YOUR hair - YOUR locs - YOUR choice.I have done free form, I have done traditional palm roll and now I interlock. I have never - ever - ever - ever nebah ebah - lost a loc or had damage...with either type of loc. And my locs have grown as far as behind my knees prior to me cutting them off. I do not have bald spots or thinning hair. I find what avenue I want to take - and I take it. Doesnt make me dumb or stupid or ignorant or not have knowledge. The only knowledge i need is knowledge of my hair and what works best for me and MY hair.Its your journey - enjoy it.
updated by @jaquerian-mccain: 07/13/15 06:11:12PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
you have every right to do whatever you want with your own hair BUT what exactly do you think we have to gain by warning you against harmful methods? Just because one persons dreads weren't harmed does not mean that Nobody's ever have been.Wax companies want your money what do we get? NOTHING just the satisfaction of using our experience to help someone that is new to dreads. So when you compare our site to the wax corporations you are dead wrong. Nobody ever said you HAD to do exactly what is advised. You're supposed to read the advice given, use some common sense and choose for yourself.Good luck with your lil experiment and let us know how it goes.
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
no no noo i trust a good bit of ppl on here n have asked much advice! i just am saying i trust everyone the same n theyre all tellin me different stuff so im tryin somethin on my own. n its just a few locks so it aint ruining much at all. everything thats done to my hair was told to me by someone else n then talked down by someone else so im just kinda messin around to see which is right for my hair.. im sry panterra :( didnt mean to say anything bad about anything or anyone.. sorryyy. n natural woman.. i forgot what exactly u said but im not comparing this site to a wax site even tho i went to both for info on dreads.. i guess i didnt word my post right. sry u feel the way u do. i equally trust all of u ppl that have dreaded alot longer than me. i aint doin this to speed anything up either. i was just watchin a movie with the gma n she wntd to crochet it so bad lol but i told her no but she could do this. not really a big deal. everyone else.. spot on.. glad u took it like it was meant. just me bein bored, tryin to help out the nxt dude that comes along with my type of hair n questions bout beads n junk. sry ppl
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Thank you soooo much for clarifying all that Atom! I wasn't trying to jump on you I was trying to understand your thinking and now I think I do!I hope the experiments work for you, you will have to let us all know your observations ok? I definitely am your friend, and I really want the best for you...and I mean that! Atom said:
no no noo i trust a good bit of ppl on here n have asked much advice! i just am saying i trust everyone the same n theyre all tellin me different stuff so im tryin somethin on my own. n its just a few locks so it aint ruining much at all. everything thats done to my hair was told to me by someone else n then talked down by someone else so im just kinda messin around to see which is right for my hair.. im sry panterra :( didnt mean to say anything bad about anything or anyone.. sorryyy. n natural woman.. i forgot what exactly u said but im not comparing this site to a wax site even tho i went to both for info on dreads.. i guess i didnt word my post right. sry u feel the way u do. i equally trust all of u ppl that have dreaded alot longer than me. i aint doin this to speed anything up either. i was just watchin a movie with the gma n she wntd to crochet it so bad lol but i told her no but she could do this. not really a big deal. everyone else.. spot on.. glad u took it like it was meant. just me bein bored, tryin to help out the nxt dude that comes along with my type of hair n questions bout beads n junk. sry ppl
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
no worries man it's your hair and everybody's is different. There's nothing wrong with trying to figure it out for yourself, as long as you don't think we're out to get ya ;o)
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
Lol I knoo it doesn't always do me good.. I'd be a horrible like prosecuter or somethin. I just figure were all equally wrong in our own ways.

Sister Rags said:
Haha...a word of advice: It might be wise not to trust everyone equally in any situation.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form