Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

peacelovinmama's 2 week dreadies

peacelovinmama
@peacelovinmama
14 years ago
30 posts
OK - So I promised a few pics of the little (but so long) babies. This is me at a little over 2 weeks. For those who do not know...I started with a little backcombing and elastics. I took the bands out after 6 days and then separated some of the LARGE dreads (thanks for the advice Soaring Eagle).I am now somewhere near 52 regular (various sizes, of course) dreads, and about 20 micro dreads. The tiny ones are somewhere between fine hair that does not want to dread and micro dreads.I have done 1 super amazing soda wash followed by a vinegar rinse. I have done one salt water rinse (the ocean would be SOOOOOOOOOOO much better though). I am washing them a few times a weak. I use dr b's gentle/mild baby bar soap. I have used dr b's liquid tea tree once, too. I found it to be pretty strong for me though. I am much more of a mild girl even before dreads. I plan to do soda again tomorrow.As far as what I have done - just wash and separate. Unfortunately, I have to pull my hair back at work at this point. I know my hair needs to be able to move in order to dread - so this bums me out totally. We are making a family move back to our favorite state, COLORADO, in two weeks. I will be working from home and totally able to leave my hair down all the time.I have had some flakes and some itchiness but as soon as I shower I feel instantly better. The flakes do not go away instantly, though. They are small, and my scalp is not irritated so I am not too worried. I think it has a little to do with hot, humid Texas. Dry Colorado should help, I think.I am a little worried about roots not tightening up much. Since I did start with backcombing I am not sure what to expect. The knots sort of slid down to the ends and seems to be moving up towards the roots now but slowly.My 7 year old daughter wants to dread her hair like mommy! She has super fine hair. We are not brushing and I am separating every day. She will be more natural! She has straight hair with these little locks that pull up around her neck. I am going to get some pics soon.I guess thats it for now! Let me know if you think of anything I am doing that I should not or vice versa that I should be doing. Thanks for all of your great posts and pics everybody!Peace to everyone!

updated by @peacelovinmama: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they are long and they are looking goodits just 2 weeksthey will loosen they will tighten they will loop and go wild theyre showing good progress for 2 weekscant wait to see your daughters too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
peacelovinmama
@peacelovinmama
14 years ago
30 posts
AWE THANKS ;)I will try and get some fun outside pics tomorrow! You rock. soaringeagle said:
they are long and they are looking good
its just 2 weeks
they will loosen they will tighten they will loop and go wild theyre showing good progress for 2 weeks
cant wait to see your daughters too
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
beautiful!!
peacelovinmama
@peacelovinmama
14 years ago
30 posts
THANKS SO MUCH! I wore my hair down today for the first time in public...funny how freeing it felt! pixie said:
beautiful!!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form