Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

TnR Knowledge

Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
yep, it is working well. My hair is locking up and very loopy. Island Mamma said:
Wow your regime sounds very thought out. Is it working for ya'?

Mama Harrison said:
You can check my profile for photos of my hair immediately after TnR--it took me 9 days to do them and I have a total of about 140-160. I am approaching 1 month on August 4th and will take photos then and post. They have changed a bit--not quiet as manicured or twisted looking as they were in the inital stages, but still very tight--I have noticed that they are really tightening up a lot and I am already getting a lot of loops and such. I wash 2x weekly with baking soda/water/tea tree /lavender oil --I soak my hair and then pour it over my head and use my finger tips to rub/massage my scalp (I have had a bit of trouble with itchiness and dandruff since dreadlocking) and then let this mix set in my hair for 30 minutes. Then rinse with ACV/water/peppermint oil and 1x a week I rub coconut oil into the roots/scalp. I also spray a sea salt/water/grapefruit/citrus oil mix on my dreads a few times the day before i wash them to tighten them up. Only about 1/4 tsp sea salt in a spray bottle full of water and only spray the length not the scalp. I pull apart my congos in the evenings that I wash my hair after it dries. It is quiet simple and next to no work at all--although washing does take more time now and i never washed my hair more then 3x weekly pre-dreads so this is taking some getting used to.

I would love to see some mature locks from TnR too.

updated by @mama-harrison: 07/10/15 01:51:21AM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I'm pretty sure there's someone here with 9month old T & R dreadies & a timeline. I'll have to look for a link though.edit>>>here it is she's actually at 11 months now and they are AMAZINGLY gorgeous! http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/faes-twist-and-rip-adventure#axzz0vmCIxheo
Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
Mine are t&r and tomorrow will be 4 months. I just took a few quick pictures to add on here. They're up right now..maybe later I will upload some pictures of them when they are down and free. As you can see the sides and tops are still really loose and have come pretty much unraveled. :)

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form