Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

TnR Knowledge

ashley ✿
@ashley
14 years ago
167 posts
Okay, so I've noticed that there are not allot of people who have TnR and are more mature dreads and what not, so I wanted to know, is there anyone out there who had started their hair with TnR and are more formed? Because what I was thinking that I wanted to do was start documenting my hair, and making videos about what to do with dreads, and what not to do, also for people to see if they want to do TnR, how they will look at what time, you guys know? Is this a good idea because I've been looking, and I have not seen anything about mature TnR dreads...also, if you started your hair by TnR, why not post here so I can see what they look like and what not...

updated by @ashley: 02/14/15 11:10:08AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
awesome idea and i think the reason why is cause waxy backcombed dreads have been pushed so much that most ppl went that wayid love to see a well done t&r documentation vidand if u add a lil mention of the site thats even better :)great idea and i hope that several ppl do this

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ashley ✿
@ashley
14 years ago
167 posts
I was completely planning on saying very good things, and allot of things about this site because this site helped me out so so much, and I want to give back, and help steer more people to the site. I will try and get started tonight making a video and what not..
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Mine where started with twist and rip.I am several months into allowing them to develop via patience after the initial start. At the moment they are starting to really shrink. The dreadlocks on the right side of my head is shrinking faster than the dreadlocks on the left side.For the past several months all I have been doing is pulling them away from each other, washing my hair, at the very least, two or three times a week. Sometimes more depending on how active I am. My hair gets washed/soaked with a mixture of water, baking soda/bicarb, some salt, a few drops of peppermint and tea tree essential oils. (Water to baking soda/bicarb ratio: 8 ounces of water to 1 tablespoon of baking soda/bicarb)My hair is naturally really fine and straight. My thinnest dreadlock is about the size of a sewing machine needle maybe thinner. The widest is about the size of a standard number 2 pencil.See the pictures in my profile.
roberto andres salas lemus
@roberto-andres-salas-lemus
14 years ago
14 posts
it will be very useful for me watch pictures about t&r dreadclocks because i want to do it on my hair
ashley ✿
@ashley
14 years ago
167 posts
I'm glad I started this then, I will be able to do videos pretty soon hopefully, I just want to get a camera because the one that my mother has on her computer really sucks because when I tried to do a vid about my dreads when I just started them, it kept cutting out, so I think I'm going to buy one for my birthday, which is Thursday..hopefully I can have videos, and get a time line going really soon
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Check out my timeline if you want some idea as to how they progress, as I started mine with t&r too. I'll be hitting one year in a week or so. I need to do an update, but I think I have up to 9 months posted here.
roberto andres salas lemus
@roberto-andres-salas-lemus
14 years ago
14 posts
thanksI will check it :D
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
You can check my profile for photos of my hair immediately after TnR--it took me 9 days to do them and I have a total of about 140-160. I am approaching 1 month on August 4th and will take photos then and post. They have changed a bit--not quiet as manicured or twisted looking as they were in the inital stages, but still very tight--I have noticed that they are really tightening up a lot and I am already getting a lot of loops and such. I wash 2x weekly with baking soda/water/tea tree /lavender oil --I soak my hair and then pour it over my head and use my finger tips to rub/massage my scalp (I have had a bit of trouble with itchiness and dandruff since dreadlocking) and then let this mix set in my hair for 30 minutes. Then rinse with ACV/water/peppermint oil and 1x a week I rub coconut oil into the roots/scalp. I also spray a sea salt/water/grapefruit/citrus oil mix on my dreads a few times the day before i wash them to tighten them up. Only about 1/4 tsp sea salt in a spray bottle full of water and only spray the length not the scalp. I pull apart my congos in the evenings that I wash my hair after it dries. It is quiet simple and next to no work at all--although washing does take more time now and i never washed my hair more then 3x weekly pre-dreads so this is taking some getting used to.I would love to see some mature locks from TnR too.
Devan Ferro
@devan-ferro
14 years ago
15 posts
i jsut barely TnR my dreads on friday. look at my profile pic to see how well they are for only a couple of days. im excited to see how they will look in the future
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form