Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Convinving someone to stop maintaence?

Alex Angam
@alex-angam
14 years ago
47 posts
I have a really good friend who is doing dreadlocks the second time around for him. He actually helped me get started on mine, which was great, and he was never one for wax so it was never put in my hair by him. So I am glad that he doesn't wax, but he is set one palm rolling all the time and thinks that it actually helps. He really wants to control the size of them and his biggest complaint about his dreads in the past was that he hated loose hairs. I have tried to get him to come to terms with everything that they do on there own and it is a journey that you just need to go with the flow. So my question is after he backcombs his dreads(there is no way he will go natural, or even tnr) how do I try to get him to see the light of the dreadlock journey? He spends too much time worrying about how they look, and nobody should have to do that.
updated by @alex-angam: 01/13/15 08:42:01PM
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
Bring him to this site i guess, show him all the different types of dreads, natural and not natural and from thta he should be able to which are better. obviously its the natural one but if he is impatient then let him be. then when his hair messes up you can say "told you so" its always fun to say that :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
1 simple statementthe best dreads come from enjoying life livuing right being in harmony with nature and spiritually connected .. not from standing in front of a mirror for hours fussing and freetting and wasting time working on em wehen they could be out living life and loving the freedom from having to mess around with their hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
The Rapture of Exile
@the-rapture-of-exile
14 years ago
33 posts
You can lead a man to water, but you cant make him drink ;P
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form