Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

sleeve things

Atom
@atom
10 years ago
124 posts
im just wonderin if this is good or not.. the sleeves i made outa pieces of bandana.. n the beads.. is the hair under the sleeves n beads gna dread or what? like most of my hair that was crocheted has all come undone besides those u see above my forehead with no bead or sleeve.. but everything else is like a ponytail.. no knots whatsoever. just wna no if im helpin anything..?

updated by @atom: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Atom
@atom
10 years ago
124 posts
Rats.. I was worried about that.. Thanks. It's just that how am I posta get em to stay if they're not tight but if I wnt em to look good, I can't have em on tight. What do u suggest?

Knottysleeves said:
Looks cool!Whether the hair will dread underneath depends on how tight the sleeves and beads are. If the hair can't move around under the bead or sleeve, it won't be able to dread and you'll end up with a bump above and/or below... and a weak spot under the bead.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,443 posts
it'll dread but if its too close to roots or tips wont give it enough room to dread and since your hairs shirt u should try to get a bead to stay in tight as close to the tip as u can so theres movement room (4-6 inches) between bead and rootsif u put a i inch bead in the center of 3 inch hair ..nothing will happen unless a lil knotting happens inside the beadid opt for a smaller tight bead that barly fits in the tip and holds it there

--
30 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 10 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international - soaring for people with disabilities
Atom
@atom
10 years ago
124 posts
So I can keep the tips secured n it'll still dread but if I secure the roots, it won't dread? I should prolly take everything out huh? I just want it to stay sectioned somehow..

soaringeagle said:
it'll dread but if its too close to roots or tips wont give it enough room to dread and since your hairs shirt u should try to get a bead to stay in tight as close to the tip as u can so theres movement room (4-6 inches) between bead and roots if u put a i inch bead in the center of 3 inch hair ..nothing will happen unless a lil knotting happens inside the beadid opt for a smaller tight bead that barly fits in the tip and holds it there
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form