Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Whatever washing my hair with head and shoulders.

Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
I hope so!! If it doesn't idk what I'll do :( Paula said:
just water and vinegar. You can add oils but you don't have to. I add my oils to the BS and then nothing in the acv.

for every cup of water a tablespoon or so of vinegar...that's all. Pour over head and leave for a couple of minutes then rinse :)

Good luck!!
..hope it cures the flakes...probably will over several washes :)

Aaron"TheLegend" said:
How do you mix the ACV, like it's ACV + what else?

updated by @aaronthelegend: 07/23/15 03:26:24AM
Tomasu
@tomasu
14 years ago
66 posts
I know the pain mate, i went 10 months without ACV washing after baking soda...my poor scalp...trust me, your dandruff white clumpy hell will be over :D
Argie Gulay
@argie-gulay
14 years ago
19 posts
ok the first 2 months will be the itchy months. based on what I experienced I had a terrible irritated scalp for about 3 months. this is because your scalp is adjusting on your dreads. it is normal. If I didn't wash my scalp after 3 days then It will be very itchy. but after 3 months and I started using acv+baking soda combo, it somehow reduce the itchyness so it's either the baking soda acv combo is good or my scalp has just recovered. =D well not really sure. just want to share hehe.
jim
@jim
14 years ago
40 posts
seriously, buy a anti dandruff shampoo that is perfume free. not head n shoulders, visit a pharmacy or something.try making homebreewed stuff when you are fungus-free, because serious dandruff gets stuck in your dreads, so get it fixed asap.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Well you want to learn something funny......it's been 7 days since i posted this....my hair has gotten curlier, and it's been 6 days no itch. So far so good since the H&S, BUT I am buying ACV with me mum later today. Also I would wash my hair with 2tbsps of BS and 2 1/2 cups of water 3 drops of rosemary, 2 lavender, 2 peppermint. The only places my hair will dread as of right now is the top and back, my sides are short since I had a mo-hawk back in the day day. But right now 7 days no wash (washing tomorrow though), and my hair is doing a LOT better. Just need to get that damn ACV -_____-
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Chemically speaking, when baking soda and vinegar (of any sort) combine, they form carbonic acid which does very little in the way of cleaning hair. Also, because it's a chemical reaction, it will cause some heat which will only add to any dryness (which would increase itching) and fuzziness problems that you may be having. The reason they work so well separate, is because the vinegar dissolves all extra baking soda residue. Since baking soda is a type of salt it can cause extreme dryness, itchy and flaky scalp, and in high enough concentrations (of salts that is) can eat little holes into your scalp. The vinegar makes sure that all that salt is dissolved, and moisturizes your hair while it's restoring the ph balance to your scalp.I bet it's the tea tree oil and the cold water rinse that's helping more than anything. Tea tree oil is good for all kinds of stuff. As a matter of fact, I've been using it to help with pimples on my face....works like a charm!I'm not sure about drains, but I do know that this works on my scalp really well, even without the tea tree oil. Sister Rags said:
Some say it does, I say it does not. Mixing the 2 + tea tree oil is a remedy I've been using since I was a kid a gazzilion years ago. I figure, if it clears drains, it'll fix scalp problems ; )
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Yeah they have a bunch of crazy chemicals!So what if you just mix water with the oil??? Would that damage or irritate the scalp....I kinda just did that to my hair using 5 drops of rosemary and 2 cups of cold water, so far so good......hope I didn't do something stupid -____-
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Yeah that's fineIn my wash I use 5 rosemary, 5 peppermint, and 3 tea tree(I actually did a bunch of math and converting so it's the same potency as the one SE recommends) in 2 cupsYou know..I think I'll try some plain water with oils...maybe it could help me prolong the time between washes :) Aaron"TheLegend" said:
Yeah they have a bunch of crazy chemicals!
So what if you just mix water with the oil??? Would that damage or irritate the scalp....I kinda just did that to my hair using 5 drops of rosemary and 2 cups of cold water, so far so good......hope I didn't do something stupid -____-
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
So far so good, the water (2cups) and 5 drops rosemary made my dandruff go away, I have only a few itches(where I missed when I was pouring it on my head). I think I actually like mixing just water and the oil better. Maybe next wash I'll add BS and the ACV. My hair is knotting up faster then before and it's already sectioning. I'm kinda happy now xDDD, I might take a cold rinse this morning just to get whatever oils left in my hair out so it doesn't irritate my scalp.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Yeah man, the peppermint gave me a headache....like a horrible headache. So once I get the ACV I think I'll be washing my hair with water + BS, then water+ACV+Rosemary. But it's been a week and my hair is already sticking together, they are sectioning off faster then before :) I'm kinda excited now xDDD Chewin Change said:
Fantastic I knew it would be the rosemary that did it!

Aaron"TheLegend" said:
So far so good, the water (2cups) and 5 drops rosemary made my dandruff go away, I have only a few itches(where I missed when I was pouring it on my head). I think I actually like mixing just water and the oil better. Maybe next wash I'll add BS and the ACV. My hair is knotting up faster then before and it's already sectioning. I'm kinda happy now xDDD, I might take a cold rinse this morning just to get whatever oils left in my hair out so it doesn't irritate my scalp.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form