Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need some Advice

Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
Well I kno there's a lotta crazy, creative ppl on this site n I'm sure y'all can help me.. See, I really cannot be spending anymore money on these dreads.. But I need somethin to decorate them or help them stay seperated. Like a bead or sleeve or whatever would do.. But doesn't cost so much money. Y'all kno of anything I can make myself? That's really what I'm lookin for.. I'm down for whatever, n it cnt look crazier than I already do so if u got any ideas, throw em at me.
updated by @atom: 02/14/15 06:36:38AM
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Theres a really cool thread somewhere with loads of cool ideas, they are hard to find but I'll see if I can dig it up.Found it its called Help with beads and is on the board. Heres the link in case you don't find it http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/help-with-beads#axzz0utpBdOCq
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
go to a junk yardfind a car with 1 of those beaded car seat coverstake it apart and u got about 2000 beadsfind a bone boil it to steralize it and saw it into peices again boil it to remove marrow and u got beads(a vertabra works great without chopping it up)find a stick drill a holefind a rock drill a holefind a ring oh wait its got a holefind a hole and use whatevers outside the hole

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
my hubby makes really cool beads out of bamboo we found growing around here! I don't know if you can find any where you live but we just got lucky that someone happened to be growing it in their yard. He cuts it into pieces and uses a dremmel to make designs. Peyote sleeves are pretty easy and cheap to make once you get the hang of it. maybe not the type of designs that knotty sleeves makes but a simple one with just stripes wouldn't take you long to figure out. Look for a guide online. Rings work well too.
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
Lol I just saw that other post just like this one.. But I actually grow bamboo. I gotta bunch of it.. How exactly does he do it?? N Ima definitely check out the peyote stitchin stuff! Thanks :)

NaturalWomyn said:
my hubby makes really cool beads out of bamboo we found growing around here! I don't know if you can find any where you live but we just got lucky that someone happened to be growing it in their yard. He cuts it into pieces and uses a dremmel to make designs. Peyote sleeves are pretty easy and cheap to make once you get the hang of it. maybe not the type of designs that knotty sleeves makes but a simple one with just stripes wouldn't take you long to figure out. Look for a guide online. Rings work well too.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
HA LOL that's funny cause i saw your post first and replied to it! We found this bamboo growing outside and it was maybe 6ft tall. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. He just slices the bamboo into the size he wants to make the bead and because it's hollow it's pretty much all set. He has a dremmel he uses to carve in whatever design he wants but you don't even have to do that. Just let it dry out for a while after and then pop it on! Eventually it turns brown and shiny it looks really cool! Atom said:
Lol I just saw that other post just like this one.. But I actually grow bamboo. I gotta bunch of it.. How exactly does he do it?? N Ima definitely check out the peyote stitchin stuff! Thanks :)

NaturalWomyn said:
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
definitely gna try this.. :) thanks..
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
btw ill have new pics up tomorrow
Atom
@atom