Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lookin like poo

Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
I seriously dnt think there's any way my hair can come bak together naturally.. I just don't see it happenin. Like the hairs are just gna sit nxt to eachother for a while n then fuse together? Iono bout all that.. My hairs lookin more n more like a cobweb everyday, n all I get from outsiders is, why dnt u fix it bak up? I just dnt see all these random hairs coming together on their own.. N I dnt wna be lookin all bad for no reason.. What's the secret for gettin fine hair to actually come together in locks that are bigger than just like five hairs?
updated by @atom: 01/13/15 08:41:44PM
Alex Angam
@alex-angam
14 years ago
47 posts
How long have you been dreading? You really just need to take some time to forget about it man, it is just hair, it will mat up within a year or so, and it will keep changing after that. There really is no need to ever worry about what it looks like. If you are that worried, dreadlocks may not be the answer for your hair.
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Atom, because I am your friend and I think you are a nice guy, I am going to be brutally honest with you. The one thing that I have learned from the this site and the people here is patience. I am not a patient person by nature. I think it is harder when you are younger to just relax and let things unfold...but it is possible. Dreads are not something that you can force or conjole into being! Imagine if you were expecting a baby! You can't force when that baby will be finished and complete. You, and many others are sooo focused on the outcome that you are missing the beauty of the journey. I know that no one wants to walk around looking crazy and wild, but one of the unique and breath taking things about dreads is there natural, unpredictable happening! Sure, you could sit around rolling, and twisting, and waxing and forcing these little bundles and calling them dreads...but, true dreads take time and committment! And the time and committment is not in the pursuing...it is in the believing. You must believe in the process, don't let anyone or anything creep into your decision and sway or derail you. Stop trying to make it be and just let it be. What do you think you would learn if you had no control in something that you felt was so important? Dreads are thousands of years old, this process has been occurring much longer than you or I ...when you question that it works you show your insecurities and you challenge ancient wisdom. I am not saying to stop asking questions...I am saying that you have to believe in what you are doing enough to let go. I have been here a month and my hair looks frightening most days and I don't care! I do hair for a living ! And fussing with every little strand is my job! But I recognize this is something that I must accept on its terms and that has brought me great peace. Don't be afraid to jump off Atom, it is no accident that you wanted to start this journey..if you want some company, we can walk together for awhile. Blessings to you always.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
all I can say man is it'll happen, I went from lookin like complete shit to how I do now (imo a good change, lol )I can't explain how exactly the hairs always form and lock, but they always come together.early on is the most frustrating and discouraging time, sometimes it helps to just see other people that have gone through the same,hang in there man :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
stop caring what ppl saytheyre going every which waty cause tbats how thr4y lockgive em time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I believe Panterra said it best"I am saying that you have to believe in what you are doing enough to let go."Part of the process is learning patience, you will change along with your hair in a way. I used to care much more what people thought about my appearance, but throughout my journey I have learned to not care what other people think so much because I am happy with whats going on and I understand that the process takes time. There is no forcing nature.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Fine hair actually dreads pretty well, thick straight hair would probably take a little longer. I remember waking up with huge knotted balls on the back of my head, and looking back now, all I had to do was separate that into the desired size :)just give it time. The hairs wont fuse together, they'll tangle together. and they are not just sitting next to each other, the are moving and locking together :)
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
^ lol i like that saying :Pvery true in the case of locks
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
14 years ago
155 posts
They do look kind of manufactured, maybe because there dyed brownish yellow, did you use wax, crochet. what did you do?
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
Thank y'all all so much.. This was the best thing I could come home to.. This and my grandmas cookin.. See I have recently prayed for patience for many reasons goin on in my life and God is giving me these life lessons to learn it on my own. I work at a preschool n currently I am working the summer camp we have there with crazy kids ages 7 to 11 and the one thing I need is patience. I believe this dread process is going hand n hand with that. To help me change my attitude in a few different ways as well. I'm sry I went n posted that this mornin.. I just felt like giving up which isn't normal really but I'm livin in a house where I'm completely UN-supported by one and only crochet-supported by the other.. I was just in the dumps but I'm learning from it all and I appreciate the process and all of you who choose to encourage. Thanks again so much! And grateful Nick.. Yaa they were crocheted but I've let em come apart n helped a lil too.. They really dnt look much manufactured anymore besides the maybe the top. The bak just looks like a spider web n the sides are pretty much comin all out. I've tried t&r but it litterally does nothing so I'm just gna chill. Hopefully it'll all start comin together.. Lol I love puns.

GratefulNick said:
They do look kind of manufactured, maybe because there dyed brownish yellow, did you use wax, crochet. what did you do?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form