Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

loose hair... yet again

Eric Is Asche
@eric-is-asche
14 years ago
37 posts
Well the thing is I let it go since December. That's 8 months. You must understand my frustration when I hear that people see change at one month.Now don't get me wrong I've seen or better yet felt a lot of change going on at the roots. Just the actual back combed dreads. That's where my loose hair frustrations are coming from. I'm not going to cut my hair. Just a little threat to myself really. As for washing I use dr. Bronners peppermint every 2 or 3 days. It does wonders for my scalp and makes my hair feel better. I don't use the acv rince cause it made my neck and chest break out. And I'm not hating on anyone for their advice just explaining my current situation. Further more I would like to thank everyone for their advice and words on encouragement.eRic

NaturalWomyn said:
crocheting and ripping out your loose hair, I'm sure has made your situation much worse. I don't think you have proven anything except that when you mess with your "dreads" too much you really fu*k em up! Dreads aren't rocket science. If you leave your hair alone it WILL dread! Don't blame SE's advice blame your own impatience! It sounds like you want to cut so go ahead.

updated by @eric-is-asche: 07/26/15 03:15:32PM
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
You know, the last couple of days I have seen a LOT of people on here just totally FREAKING out and obssessing over their dreads. I don't mean to be rude and I certainly am no expert being only around 5-6 months in. BUT!!! Dreads are not an "instant" hairstyle - period. Not unless you use fake ones! They are also a life changing/attitude adjuster and learning experience. I have MELLOWED incredibly regarding my hair and appearance (and I'm a "girly-girl" - It AIN'T easy!!) If I wanted dreads I had to deal with the crappy/frizzy days and just learn to ride it out! I had my doubts and on those days I just covered them up and trudged on! I still have doubts about the way they look, but day by day it becomes less and less as I see the progress they are making.Embrace the wildness of your hair!! Leave it alone to do its thing! It may take you longer if you messed with them a lot to begin with. Stop obssessing! If you are in food service and are concerned, cover it up! We live in a society where everyone wants what they want now, now, NOW! It just isn't going to happen that way if you want natural dreads. They shouldn't be and aren't - instant, expensive (or for that matter, very attractive at first!) You have to decide for yourself if you have the internal fortitude to stick with it! If you are gonna be THAT upset all the time, then maybe it's just not the lifestyle for you. Good luck with your decision!!! :)By the way - just checked out your pictures and I don't think it looks bad at all!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
ok well i hope everything works out for you. I understand you're frustrated but try to be patient and all good things in all good time! Many Blessings
Eric Is Asche
@eric-is-asche
14 years ago
37 posts
ok one more question. i guess i should start a new thread but oh well. how hard would it be to try and comb them out and start over? being about a year in with a little back comb. and a little crochet on the tips. is this possible with minimal amount of work? and minimal amount of conditioner?
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
Could you just wear a band at work and then a wooly tam the rest of the time to help them lock up?I also have pulled out loose hairs...more uncounciously than anything lolI feel yer pain having had my dreads made by crochet...im sure when your natural dreads keep going you will be able to cut off yer back combed dreads if you want to :)Karen
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
you could start over but I don't see why you would...
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
1. If you aren't willing to be patient with yourself. Go ahead and cut your hair. Having dreadlocks shows other people you are willing to be patient.2. You keep hearing this being sad over and over. Be patient with yourself. Your dreadlocks will continue to form as you continue to keep your hair clean and as your hair continues to go through it's normal growth/shedding cycle.3. Stop pulling hair out of your dreadlocks. Pulling hair out of your dreadlocks slows down the whole process.4. The perception of your dreadlocks is going to be different than yours. You have to realize other people see them from a different distance than you do.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form