Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

IS IT TRUE THAT IF YOU HAVE DREADS YOU SHOULD NOT EAT MEAT?

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
Haha this discussions old news so i doubt anyone even reads it but seriously..i think there is a reason why certain ancestors hunted for wooly mammoth, supposedly rendering them extinct. Try telling those nomadic people we weren't meant to consume meat, given the benefits of protein. Or better yet, American Buffalo etc.The problem is as a culture and people we get lazier and lazier yet our consumption of meat gets crazier and crazier. A 72 OZ steak? Seriously? are you going to put up a tent outside Golds Gym after you eat it? No, of course not. Were Americans. some of us may, the rest will sit on the couch.And yes, i disaprove of cruelty slaughtering of animals.
updated by @thundersquall: 07/23/15 06:27:05PM
Dreadful Ry
@dreadful-ry
14 years ago
9 posts
First off i would like to say we have canines for gripping food and we have incisors for cutting. A human's teeth are designed to deal with a wide variety of foods(meat and vegs). evidence on the structure and function of human hands and jaws, behavior, and evolutionary history also either support an omnivorous diet or fail to support strict vegetarianism, the best evidence comes from our teeth.The short canines in humans are a functional consequence of the enlarged cranium and associated reduction of the size of the jaws. In primates, canines function as both defense weapons and visual threat devices. Interestingly, the primates with the largest canines (gorillas and gelada baboons) both have basically vegetarian diets. In archeological sites, broken human molars are most often confused with broken premolars and molars of pigs, a classic omnivore. Also egg protein is made from the egg white and is therefore fat-free and high in protein. It is considered the most perfect source of protein because it is complete in essential amino acids, branch chain amino acids and glutamic acid. It is completely and easily absorbed by the body. Because of its characteristics, egg protein is used as the standard against which all other proteins are measured. I had also read an artical stating that"A girl of 12 brought up by her parents on a strict vegan diet has been admitted to hospital with a degenerative bone condition said to have left her with the spine of an 80-year-old." it is only obvious to one that people have survived on meat and from the beginning of time. However if you decide to be a vegitarian or vegan or what ever thats fine with me, live your life no one can tell you how to live it, but when you start geting angry because somone is doing somthing different from you(as in eating meat) thats when it bothers me. Its exactly the same as people trying to push thier own religion upon you!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

actualy no most dont but just by a small percentage if i had to guess about 54-60% dont but it is definately the magority

a way highrwer percentage then non dreadies

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jesse Parker
@jesse-parker
13 years ago
57 posts
Everyone else is stating their opinion on this so shall I. I eat meat i actually mostly eat meat but i do eat some veggies and fruits just not as much. I just prefer meat, I generally just cannot stand the taste of fruits and such I dont like the taste of a lot of veggies or the texture of them. I think it is ridiculous to say that meat is a toxin. I know people who have been veg's. for a long time and have eaten meat once and been fine. Though I do not no for sure and no one really does. Do you really think back when we were cavemen we only ate veggies? I doubt it, hunting has always been a human instinct.
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
13 years ago
327 posts

Hindu Cow Stake Night at my place tonight!

Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

I eat mostly raw plant foods with small portions of meat a few days per week. I tried being vegetarian and got sicker and sicker. And it's untrue that you get ill if you eat meat after being vegetarian for a long time... Maybe some do, for whatever reason, but I was veg for three years and got weaker and weaker, and sicker... (not from being veg in itself, but from other autoimmune problems I have) and my intuition kept strongly telling me that I needed meat... it was a hard choice because animal rights mean a lot to me and I hate factory farms and all that. But in the end, I knew I needed it. Not only did I not get sick, but I got a lot healthier. So I've kept meat in my diet, but I'm still against factory farms. My boyfriend hunts for venison for us. It's a part of our spirituality, taking the animal, being thankful for it, blessing it and praying for it to move on to a better incarnation next time. Sometimes we buy grass fed beef from good farms too, we are always thankful for it.

So no, I don't think having dreads means you shouldn't eat meat. Hardcore vegetarians will tell you all sorts of stuff but in the end it's your body and only you know. If I had listened to a lot of people I'd probably be way less healthy than I am now instead of strong and healing! Everyone has a different body and some of us need a lot more complete protein than others. Meat has played a crucial role in my healing.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no it is absolutely trure u get incredibly sick from just a single bite

chances are u never were fully vegh and had beegf broth in many fioods so u still were digesting it

but if u awere fully veg for a long time then ate a single bite u would be incredibly sick

--
Janice
@janice
12 years ago
49 posts

The Rastafari base their hair choice on the Nazirite vow (think Samson) spoken of in the Bible. Here is a link that may be helpful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazirite .

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

trhat articles so flawed its rediculi=ouse

to produce the same energy from beef they have to clear out 10 times more land then kill the cows

most of that land that they are discussing is going to feed animals that theb go to slaughter

to have a pure veg diet would require 1/10th the land

SillyWalkingMinister said:

--

/ 10

Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form