Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sectioning

Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
I hate asking y'all these stupid questions but I just wna do this whole thing rite. I'm wonderin how to section my hair the best way.. Like it's all sectioned already but alot of the loose hairs are just like chillin n hangin out everywhere on top n in between.. I guess I shouldn't put rubber bands on the roots..? What shall I do?
updated by @atom: 01/13/15 08:41:34PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i dunno why your sectioning at all or why ya put on bands take em off but section as the hair wants to section it will section itself u do know those looose hairs hanging all over are themselves just thin sections right?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
Well no I didn't kno that. That's why I asked. I was hoping that tho. Cuz my gma is like come onnn let me fix em up (with crochet hook) n I told her no, that the loose hairs are gna make new baby dreads or find their way bak to an existing one.. I just dnt wna be lying. I'd rather have someone that's had em for 20 years confirm that for me. I just didn't wnt the loose hairs to come out of one section n go into another n screw up the roots or anything.

soaringeagle said:
i dunno why your sectioning at all or why ya put on bands take em off but section as the hair wants to section it will section itself u do know those looose hairs hanging all over are themselves just thin sections right?
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
Why bother? Cuz it looks horrible!

Knottysleeves said:
Definitely no rubber bands!You're always going to have loose hairs, they are a natural part of dreading. Some will dread up eventually, but others won't. You could spend hours "fixing" them and they'll probably still drive you nuts. So why bother? Just let them be. :-)
Earthstudios
@earthstudios
14 years ago
108 posts
If you want instant rock star glamor dreads than ya, do all that stuff and crochet up your loose ends you might want to set an alarm clock so you dont let one slip out. But be prepared later down the road for breakage, possible dreads falling of your head because of too many broken hairs and they'll be stiff as a board and look goofy... Or....Let them go natural, ya it'll be a mess, its part of dreading, its the process that just happens, your dreads will move when you move your head like real hair and you wont have to worry about them falling off later down the road, but the trade off, a little mess for awhile, just wear a hat. be patient is key here.
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
lolthanks guys.. ive already learned this n i have it in my head that its gna look pretty bad up there for a while n im ight with that.. i just have seen numerous times bout ppl doin the natural method n they always say to keep the sectioned n i thought thats what i was posta be doin with the loose hairs but i guess not.. n im cool with that! lol just thought maybe since it was lookin like a cob web i was posta do somethin bout it but ok, im puttin my hat bak on. (which makes it more webby when i take it off) o well ill post pics of my one month monday n show yall whats goin on
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
just make sure u seperate more often if u wear a hat alot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form