Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hey will my dreads get longer within a year?

Tomasu
@tomasu
14 years ago
66 posts
The Key is Paitence everyone ;)
updated by @tomasu: 07/23/15 03:59:18PM
Murphy the rasta
@murphy-the-rasta
14 years ago
58 posts
agree Tomasu said:
The Key is Paitence everyone ;)
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Same here, man. neil coe said:
lol 1 month makes you :not a noob" lol if thats how you feel, good for you, but ill call myself a noob for a longtime, not in the scene that im uneducated about dreads, i know alot i feel, but until my dreads are all mature and a yr or 2 or 3 down the road...... im a noob
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
yea im glad someone else feels that way grey... i am here on and off all day everyday so im informed/educated, but feel like i got a long road ahead, ........ thats like sayin "im walking coast to coast across america, and only wallked 5 miles" lol got a long way to go, after you walk a few states then im not a noob, lol well just starting 5 weeks or so but plan on keepin my locks forever, so intime i will be a dreadhead.... but am in no hurry, its like kids, i feel like my son is growing up so fast, and i wish i could slow down time sometimes so i could enjoy it more, same with dreads, i want to watch the process of me transform so to speak into the dready man that i will be, so im in no rash at all, well thats how i feel about it............. thanks GreyGargoyle said:
Same here, man.
neil coe said:
lol 1 month makes you :not a noob" lol if thats how you feel, good for you, but ill call myself a noob for a longtime, not in the scene that im uneducated about dreads, i know alot i feel, but until my dreads are all mature and a yr or 2 or 3 down the road...... im a noob
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
yah everythings good Murphy the rasta said:
lol,,,all other stuff working out good ?

Atom said:
This might be the worst news I've heard so far.

soaringeagle said:
they shrink for bout 8 months then start to grow u may gain an inch from the shortest in a year then bout 3 inches a year after (at a guess)
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
very good info there..... going to have to make sure im getting all my vitamins... : ) Victoria said:
Hair growth varies from person to person and like some people already mentioned the amount of hair growth depends largely on things like diet and health.
Making sure you are getting enough biotin (Vitamin H), Calcium, B-Complex, Vitamin D, and Omega 3s can GREATLY increase your monthly hair growth. Normal hair grow is about .5 inches a month, a healthy diet can increase that to an inch every month.And remember, once your shrinkage/fattening period ends, your locks will thicken by A LOT before they lengthen, your hair will grow and grow!
ratcakie
@ratcakie
14 years ago
60 posts
im about 7-8 months in now with backcombed, only now have i started to notice growth in the roots of about 1/2 inch or so... as far as shinkage goes, thats just as indidual as growth, i backcombed when my hair was about 60cm (24 inches) now my longest dreads are about 20-25cm (8inches) and the shorter ones are about 10-15cm (4-6inches)... patients is def the key, they have come along so far in the last 5-6 months since i stopped stressing and messing with em, cant wait to see what theyll do over the next few years...happy travels my friend :)
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
awesome cuz i got indian hair souinds like that stuff would work
ashley ✿
@ashley
14 years ago
167 posts
I agree with Neil and the guy who said to be patient...Your dreads will work out how they work out, alsowhere you live and the climate also play in with howyour hair grows, like, when I lived in seattle, my hairgrew so fast and so long, but i cut it after that, a stupidthing by teh way, but when i moved back home, myhair stopped growing as fast, and as thick...which sucksbut yeah, just wait, and let em be how theyre gonna be
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
haha thanks i know im a verywise man........ lol jk, i just think its funny when people are in such a rush to get dreads....... i think its kinda the opposite of field of dreams.......... " if you build it they will come" but with dreads its more like " if you leave it, your dreads will come" or something like that, Ashley said:
I agree with Neil and the guy who said to be patient...
Your dreads will work out how they work out, also where you live and the climate also play in with how your hair grows, like, when I lived in seattle, my hairgrew so fast and so long, but i cut it after that, a stupidthing by teh way, but when i moved back home, myhair stopped growing as fast, and as thick...which sucksbut yeah, just wait, and let em be how theyre gonna be

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form