Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New with question about tips!

kookla
@kookla
14 years ago
13 posts
Hi, I have just started dreads. 4 days ago started. Not knowing a whole lot better, I backcombed. I have read enough to know that it will all be ok in the end. :)My question is about the tips. My hair is doing it's thing very well at the top half of the dread. The bottom half, of almost every dread, is really loose though. They are staying in their sections, but are really straight. Will they eventually dread up? I am ok with wispy tips, but I don't really want the entire bottom half of the dread to be loose.I did a lot of searches, but haven't found my answer yet. Thanks for any info!
updated by @kookla: 01/13/15 08:41:31PM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
You bet!are the straight sections roughly as thick as the rest of the lock?only reason i ask is that you probably know locks shrink alot in the beginning and usually (in my case and others) the thin tips recede to where the hair is thick enough to lock up properly.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea it will dreadfind the dreading the 1st weeks of dreading discussion your on day 4 1dst 4 weeks they will get worse not better they will do crazy things maybe even go completely back to the way it was b4 backcombing but thats fine it will dread.4 days is nothingbackcombers allways start to panic the very next day and worry constantly for a year or morenaturals a much more relaxing experience

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
kookla
@kookla
14 years ago
13 posts
Thanks. You guys are quick! I'm not terribly concerned, just curious, and no one local to ask. :) I just found that dreading the 1st weeks discussion. Thanks.I'm sure if I would quit absentmindedly twisting them around my fingers things may go better as well...
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form