Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello from Singapore!

Alecs Khoo
@alecs-khoo
14 years ago
5 posts
I have always been wanting dreadlocks ever since I saw Lenny Kravitz when he still have his dread. Since last year I started keeping my hair longer, and recently I am really drawn to going for dreadlocks. I have shoulder length hair now, and my hair is on the dry side which will tangle sometime eventhou I use conditioner after each shower (which I kinda think will be helpful for going dread). However I have very sensitive scalp as well as dandruff so I am kinda worried regarding that too.I really like natural dreadlocks, but yet I would really love to see result quick lol. Just a quick question, if I go natural, I just need to use any shampoo that doesn't leave any residue in the hair, or do I need to use baking soda?Anyway, I am glad I found this site, and now I just need to find the determination go get dreadlocks!P/S: I would also like to find some dread heads in Singapore. ;)
updated by @alecs-khoo: 01/13/15 08:41:29PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
we have many members from there and the baking soda will help the dandruf more then anything so id try that and natural u see results quickly but not instant and you become fascinated with the process so dont really care abiut them being quick

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alecs Khoo
@alecs-khoo
14 years ago
5 posts
Yes I am really excited! Just paranoid of the look I may get coz when I don't condition my hair it goes really fluffy and frizzy lol. So just use baking soda as shampoo, or use that in additional to shampoo? soaringeagle said:
we have many members from there and the baking soda will help the dandruf more then anything so id try that and natural u see results quickly but not instant and you become fascinated with the process so dont really care abiut them being quick
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
instead of shampoo its a deep cleanse soakuse the search theres info all over the site

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alecs Khoo
@alecs-khoo
14 years ago
5 posts
My hair is EXTREMELY dry, and when I don't use conditioner after shampooing they will just all tangled up. So for people such as me, should I just go with baking soda for washing, or should I add anything into the concoction to ensure the hair will not be too dry and just break off? Due to the climate here I have to wash my hair daily (92 degree average) so I really am wondering will daily washing do to dry hair people like me
Murphy the rasta
@murphy-the-rasta
14 years ago
58 posts
try not to wash your hair too often.too much washing and the shampoo you can buy form drug shop is kinda harmful for your hair...the condition izzue is not a big deal yet...condition em while they 're in shape...i mean mature...
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
if you do the baking soda soak, rinse with water then do an apple cider vinegar rinse. Just a splash in a lot of water and it works kind of like conditioner. And if after that it's still too dry, then you can use pure aloe vera, or there are other natural conditioners(from plants and stuff not brand conditioner) like shea butter or jojoba oil(I think)But in the beginning I think it's ok for the hair to be a little dry, it tends to lock faster I believe :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form