Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just getting starting

Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
wow, thanks for all the advice, the only thing i might be messing up is when i wash my face with normal dove soap, some gets in my hair, not too much but im still getting it in there. its been 4 days only and i can already feel the difference in my hair and i can see where its starting to pull together :)
updated by @matt5: 07/11/15 08:07:30AM
Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
would you say its okay to wash my hair more often then twice a week? they say clean hair locks up better then dirty hair so would it be smarter to wash my hair every other day rather then every four? and also they say wearing a tam to bed helps, i have an under armour skull caps that is like skin tight, its really snug on my head. would that help as well?
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
i wash my hair every 2-3 days and have no problems, everybody's different though. See what works or you! I personally think wearing a hat to be is silly and would be uncomfortable but you could try it i guess. I think that the movement your hair gets at night while tossin & turnin helps them knot up though. Matt said:
would you say its okay to wash my hair more often then twice a week? they say clean hair locks up better then dirty hair so would it be smarter to wash my hair every other day rather then every four? and also they say wearing a tam to bed helps, i have an under armour skull caps that is like skin tight, its really snug on my head. would that help as well?
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
You can wash every other day as long as your hair dries completely between. Also you don't want anything skin tight while you sleep. You want the hair to be able to move. a lot of dreading happens while you sleep. If you want something though, I would suggest sleeping on a wool sweater..that's really helped me lock up nicely :)
Mike3
@mike3
14 years ago
13 posts
It doesnt really matter as long as its residue free. I started from a bald head and now its about to my shoulders and its knotting up great just be patient
Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
How long did it take for your hair to get that long?
Mike3
@mike3
14 years ago
13 posts
about half a year or so like i would say 6-9 months but also keep in mind everyones hair grows at different paces.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form