Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

HELP!!!

JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
14 years ago
95 posts
Jut washed my hair yesterday with baking soda and acv. Dreads came out clean but when i rinsed with acv it burned from cuts on my scalp. idk what else to do the itch is driving me crazy someone help plz!!
updated by @jahwillprovide: 02/14/15 09:11:17AM
savage
@savage
14 years ago
90 posts
maybe soak in cold water if its burning
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
cuts on your head? dude r u sure u dont got critters?get checked to be surebut yea try the cold rinseid be lil concernbed the cuts are frm bugs thio they might not be but my instinct still sats check for em if so dont panic we can get rid of em without cutting

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
14 years ago
95 posts
pretty sure its not from lice or anything most likely from all the scratching ive been doing soaringeagle said:
cuts on your head? dude r u sure u dont got critters?
get checked to be sure
but yea try the cold rinse
id be lil concernbed the cuts are frm bugs thio they might not be but my instinct still sats check for em if so dont panic we can get rid of em without cutting
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wshy are u scratching so much u got cus thowhen i had lice i did i scratched till i bloed and my head was oozingit was nasty but i would highly recomend u check for lice 1st just to rule that out if u dont got bugs then are u using teatree and rosemaryaree u using cold water rinse

--
Matt4
@matt4
14 years ago
13 posts
dude, i'm some 10 months into dreads now and dealing with the same damn issue. Itching just does not stop, ever, no matter what i do... tried knottyboy and dreadheadhq shampoos before finding this site, neither of which helped. for some 2wks now i've been doing the baking soda + teatree oil and acv wash, but still no real difference. I actually sometimes just put the teatree oil on my finger and rub it in my scalp in diff spots... not that it really helps at all but makes me feel like i'm doing 'something'. no idea what's causing it but if you find any kind of solution, please do share with me...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
add rosemaery more rosemary then teartree and no hot water warm wayrr wash freeeeeezing cold rinseu can after the acv i do a quick wash with maylees garden soasps and im 100% ictch freethe matlees is an extra step but sure makes my dreads and scalp feel amazingits a process the baking soda (warm wash) eats away the built up dead skin etcthe teatree and rosemary treat dandruffthe acv (i do cold rinse after baking soda and acv both) acv restores a healthy ph and conditions slightly and the freezing water seals up pores and keeps me scalp happy the mayless is an extra steep to wash away anything left behind and make everything feel groovy it als has rosemary )(the 1 bar im using now)btw i add the oils to both baking soda and acv rinse

--
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
my hubby used to get those with his last set. As long as he washes with something that has tea tree his scalp has stayed perfect this set. Around 4 years. No dandruff no itchies!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
overuse of teatree can dru y the scalp thats why i say use less teatree moere rosemaryif rubbing teatree on the scalp gives temp relief its most likely bugs cause teatree will drive em away drim the scalp an hour or 2 and keep em from biting awhileu can also make a rosemary tea and spray on and leacve on if u need to

--
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
are you diluting the tea tree first? it's very strong. Matt said:
dude, i'm some 10 months into dreads now and dealing with the same damn issue. Itching just does not stop, ever, no matter what i do... tried knottyboy and dreadheadhq shampoos before finding this site, neither of which helped. for some 2wks now i've been doing the baking soda + teatree oil and acv wash, but still no real difference. I actually sometimes just put the teatree oil on my finger and rub it in my scalp in diff spots... not that it really helps at all but makes me feel like i'm doing 'something'. no idea what's causing it but if you find any kind of solution, please do share with me...
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form