Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

reactions/responses

Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
you know maybe i just dont notice because im not entirely observant ....but ive never had anyone make one negative comment....or many comments at all....wat does happen to me or at least with my last set was everytime i went out to like a bar or something someone would walk up and just start touching my hair like it wasnt real or something.. oh yeah and when i got stuck in jail (long story dont ask lol) the guards when processing me in were like ur gonna need to take those out of your hair to which i said take wat out and there like the dreads...i just laughed they said you cant have fake hair or a weave on the unit i said this is all my real hair and i will not cut it so dont bother asking or ill need to call my lawyer ....and i did take all the various stuff in them out but i thought it was funny that was the most comments ive ever had were a bunch of angry girls on the unit because they had to cut out their weaves and just couldnt accept that all of the hair on my head was real... so ya who cares especiallyh about rednecks lol....sorry for my long winded story(i think i had too much coffee this morning )
updated by @heather-gamble: 07/13/15 05:48:41PM
Kristin Karam-Plum
@kristin-karam-plum
14 years ago
4 posts
Lol... thanks. I'm happy with them, and they are changing rapidly... it's amazing... it's only been 6 days. SIX days!! I shoulda done this along time ago~it was obviously meant to be. I'll have to post a new pic soon, just to show the difference. neil coe said:
OH like the Native American Indaians??? cause i like your locs, lol ha ha ha

Kristin Karam-Plum said:
It feels like an opportunity to educate people! People who know me were not surprised, though my mother was horrified~I have nappy, crazy thick hair anyway & she always wanted me to straightened, smooth, etc. (guess it reminded her of my dad, who is Arab~you would be appalled at the torture my hair was subjected to as a child~and I must admit, as an adult~til now)! I think the responses I have experienced are so varied partly due to geography. I live in the FAR Eastern Panhandle of WV~20 mins from MD one way, 20 Mins from VA the other. I am only 40 mins from Baltimore & Washington DC~so it is an eclectic bunch of people here... people from the city~living here, working there. Large groups of people relocated here because of huge corporations moving in from the Northeast. People like myself, that just stumbled in for some random reason. People of ALL ethnicities. People who are from here originally~they are the few negatives. It's almost like doing a sociological study! I find it fascinating...
Kristin Karam-Plum
@kristin-karam-plum
14 years ago
4 posts
Ha~I can handle the rednecks! And really they're mostly all good people, their worldview has just been limited, so I try to remember that. No one has been mean~they just say, "I don't like it." Then I say, "good thing I didn't do it for you!" and laugh and move onto another topic. Then they're fine. I think they just need to know I'm the same person. You know, I have actually had a couple people ask me if my hair is real!? So I know what you mean aboout that. :) heather said:
you know maybe i just dont notice because im not entirely observant ....but ive never had anyone make one negative comment....or many comments at all....wat does happen to me or at least with my last set was everytime i went out to like a bar or something someone would walk up and just start touching my hair like it wasnt real or something.. oh yeah and when i got stuck in jail (long story dont ask lol) the guards when processing me in were like ur gonna need to take those out of your hair to which i said take wat out and there like the dreads...i just laughed they said you cant have fake hair or a weave on the unit i said this is all my real hair and i will not cut it so dont bother asking or ill need to call my lawyer ....and i did take all the various stuff in them out but i thought it was funny that was the most comments ive ever had were a bunch of angry girls on the unit because they had to cut out their weaves and just couldnt accept that all of the hair on my head was real... so ya who cares especiallyh about rednecks lol....sorry for my long winded story
(i think i had too much coffee this morning )
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
hahaha i laughed pretty hard when i read this rags, some people............. Sister Rags said:
No Whales, I think that's a good way to get a feel...so to speak ; )

Yesterday a dude said, "I love your hair! Do you wax it and roll it to get it like that?" I explained (or tried to) that NO, no wax, no rolling, my hair is dreadlocked. Poor guy...he just could NOT understand how my hair stays locked. He was STUCK on "But how do you get it to do that?" I found myself feeling frustrated, so I kinda gave up trying to keep explaining it to him.
Lynne
@lynne
14 years ago
7 posts
I live in Boulder, so dreadies are all around but my parents live in rural missouri. no doubt, I'll be made fun of by locals. it's change they don't like.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form