Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Where do i start?!

Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
Hey everyone, i am new to this whole thing. at the moment my hair is not long enough to dread, about two inches in length. after reading through this site, i think tomorrow ill start washing it with baking soda and just let it go naturally. its never too early to start right?
updated by @matt5: 01/13/15 08:41:23PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
right we had a couple start from shaved mine i started real short too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
if i was to just start washing with baking soda and water, how much baking soda does i use? and i saw you tell someone use a pinch of salt? i dont understand what you mean by using salt or how to use it, and one last thing, if i was to start it going natural now and in a few months decided to backcomb, would it work better because the texture of my hair at that given point? thanks a lot
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
sea salt not table salt just add it to thye baking soda wash or spray on an hour or 2 b4 washing use about a tablespoon per cup of water(baking soda not sea salt)and yea you will at least have natural sectioning going onbut id concider twist and rip instead of backcomb

--
Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
okay, and for twist and rip, i just twist it up and pull it apart?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
pretty much well theres an art to it twist once pull apart 4 or 6 times seperate in diferent spots each time then retwist repeat..

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form