Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New To Dreads

Tex
@tex
14 years ago
8 posts
Ok So i been wanting to get dread's for a long time and finally got my hair long enough b/c i didnt want short stub's, sooo anyways i went to a saloon that does dreads no really thinking about it but i wanted to get backcombing style but didnt say anything to the person and let them do what they was doing and she said she went to school for it and have been doin it for about 4years+ now so i just wanted to post a pic of what my hair looks like, she did the twist way of dreads i think and i need to see what you all think of them if she did a good job or not my girl friend said she did a shit job so i thought i would see what u guys think frist here the pic, Thanks for any help[IMG] http://i30.tinypic.com/1sjotf.jpg [/IMG][IMG] http://i32.tinypic.com/o570d4.jpg [/IMG][IMG] http://i27.tinypic.com/w0qdcj.jpg [/IMG]
updated by @tex: 02/15/15 03:45:51AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dude demand your money back u cant save those even the sectioning is way too big and wtf did she put in it never ever ever go to a salon for dreads the schools teach them all wrongwow i only looked at 1 pic but didnt even need to the word salon told me all i needed to knoww...disasterok get your money back wash all the crap out of your hair and do your own dreadshow much did she rip u off for?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
twists only work in african hairand the sections are gonna make fat dreads you really are beter off just going natural or doing twist and rip yourselfif she charged more then 20 for that id sue her ass haha wowwell dont worry your in the right place to learn how to dread right..which means dread yourself

--
Tex
@tex
14 years ago
8 posts
paid 60bucks for it, and she used wax, kinda will make me feel bad if i go back and try to get my money back, but do you think i can get my money back from this or could they say no and not give it back or what? soaringeagle said:
twists only work in african hair
and the sections are gonna make fat dreads you really are beter off just going natural or doing twist and rip yourself
if she charged more then 20 for that id sue her ass haha wow

well dont worry your in the right place to learn how to dread right..which means dread yourself
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wax is so evil for dreads and if people dont demand theyre money back they wont ever stop screwing people overu never want wax in dreadslook up at the menu click dreaducation read that then click dread wax truth read thatwell your lucky many get ripped off for hundreds and hundreds like 600-800 Tex said:
paid 60bucks for it, and she used wax, kinda will make me feel bad if i go back and try to get my money back, but do you think i can get my money back from this or could they say no and not give it back or what?

soaringeagle said:
twists only work in african hair
and the sections are gonna make fat dreads you really are beter off just going natural or doing twist and rip yourself
if she charged more then 20 for that id sue her ass haha wow

well dont worry your in the right place to learn how to dread right..which means dread yourself

--
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Definitely not dreadlocks, man. If you still want real dreads then just brush your hair out and get all that nasty wax out. Good luck to ya, man.
Tex
@tex
14 years ago
8 posts
so i should just wash this stuff out like asap then? GreyGargoyle said:
Definitely not dreadlocks, man. If you still want real dreads then just brush your hair out and get all that nasty wax out. Good luck to ya, man.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Yeah, if you want real locks then the wax has to go. Sorry, I hate being the bearer of bad news. But on a positive note...you are on the only site that gives you the complete truth on growing dreadlocks so you don't have to worry about making mistakes anymore. Tex said:
so i should just wash this stuff out like asap then?

GreyGargoyle said:
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
Yeah dude...Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that just looks silly...but dont you worry...you are here now and thats progress already....wash the crap out..read wax removal thread and dreadeduction...then just ask your gf to twist n rip your hair...in little smaller sections than what i see in these pics...and thats it...:) Tex said:
so i should just wash this stuff out like asap then?

GreyGargoyle said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well wax isnt exactly easy to "just wash out' thats why its the last thing u ever want in dreads it takes alot of effort but our members have found a 1/2 dozen ways to get most out but since it was just out in your damn lucky cause combing then scrubbing will definately be bestafter its clean u can look over twist and rip and natural ways and choose for yourselfnatural is best but not always fastesttwist and rip is next best and is pretty effective and looks good

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form