Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help with dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if u use it ararely sand very sparing i wouldnt use any tho till itss starting to tightenjust forget what they think they dont matter and besides the bible doeees say that its holy to let your hair dread naturaly to neglect it let it do what it wants to do Atom said:
U can see in my pic how long my hair is.. Little over 3 inches I think.. Maybe four. I'm gna take yalls advice n get a tam n just go with it.. Hopefully since it's already crocheted n junk, it will give the dreads a nice foundation to start from. Do either of you suggest aloe to tidy up the loose hairs n stuff.? Cuz church is a big part of my life n alotta them old timers just won't appreciate what we're doing and the dread process so I'd like to have something to tidy them up a bit if you feel me..?

GreyGargoyle said:
lol, no problem, man. You should probably just enjoy life and not worry about it. All hair dreads differently and all hair takes a different amount of time to dread. When you started how long was your hair? That will also effect how long it takes.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/03/15 07:05:13AM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Aloe yes but make sure it's 100% aloe.The thing about old timers is that they generally accept people for what they are. Especially Christian old timers. Just explain the significance of hair in the bible. Read the story of Samson and Delilah. There are other references to locks in the bible but that is probably the most important one. They didn't have a name for dreadlocks back then either and many people in the bible had dreads. Jesus, John the Baptist and other important people as well. Dreading your hair naturally is a very spiritual thing that will give you a closeness to God. Just tell everyone that you lost your vanity and don't care what people think anymore. Atom said:
U can see in my pic how long my hair is.. Little over 3 inches I think.. Maybe four. I'm gna take yalls advice n get a tam n just go with it.. Hopefully since it's already crocheted n junk, it will give the dreads a nice foundation to start from. Do either of you suggest aloe to tidy up the loose hairs n stuff.? Cuz church is a big part of my life n alotta them old timers just won't appreciate what we're doing and the dread process so I'd like to have something to tidy them up a bit if you feel me..?

GreyGargoyle said:
lol, no problem, man. You should probably just enjoy life and not worry about it. All hair dreads differently and all hair takes a different amount of time to dread. When you started how long was your hair? That will also effect how long it takes.
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
Wow, that's some really strong info *remembering it to combat future negative comments from overly religious family*Thanks Grey.And Atom, can't wait to see your hair when it gets natural, good luck :D GreyGargoyle said:
Aloe yes but make sure it's 100% aloe.
The thing about old timers is that they generally accept people for what they are. Especially Christian old timers. Just explain the significance of hair in the bible. Read the story of Samson and Delilah. There are other references to locks in the bible but that is probably the most important one. They didn't have a name for dreadlocks back then either and many people in the bible had dreads. Jesus, John the Baptist and other important people as well. Dreading your hair naturally is a very spiritual thing that will give you a closeness to God. Just tell everyone that you lost your vanity and don't care what people think anymore.

Atom said:

GreyGargoyle said:
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
shooot i wish all Christians were like that but we live in a sinful world n theres alotta ppl in the church that want it their way n turn their heads if its not. none of them are use to a white dude with dreads. especially in louisiana. they think its crazy. but as u already kno i dnt really mind them too much. i just try and respect their feelings by at least making it look nice. alot of them love my hair n are all for it but theres still the ones that are a lil iffy. but ya lol ive already told everyone in church bout Samson n the seven locks. good stuff. n i guess ima just get an aloe plant so im sure its 100%. thanks for the advice! i ordered a tam today.. so excited. lol i love this site! n all of u other dread heads. some gnarly stuff on here...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
just go to church with a t shirt that says dreads are not a sin

--
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Well Christians shouldn't want it their way. They should want to God's way, am I right or not? It's sad but a month or so ago, in church, we watched this video/song...here, let me see if I can find it...I can't find it, man. But the lyrics were great. One of the most powerful lines in the song was something along the lines of, "would Jesus be allowed in church?" When most people think of Jesus they think of someone with curly hair to his shoulders and a shaved face. But the man walked through the hot desert all day. He was probably one of the most scruffy looking guy's ever. He probably had massive dreads because he had no shame or vanity. But anyways, that is just my take on it...although it's probably pretty close to the truth when you think about it logically. I'm having my Grandma make me a tam. I'm excited too! Haha. She bought a whole tam pattern book that was made for people with dreads. She said that it has patterns from when you first start dreading to when they're down to your butt, haha. It's gonna be awesome. But check out beads too! They help hair dread. Atom said:
shooot i wish all Christians were like that but we live in a sinful world n theres alotta ppl in the church that want it their way n turn their heads if its not. none of them are use to a white dude with dreads. especially in louisiana. they think its crazy. but as u already kno i dnt really mind them too much. i just try and respect their feelings by at least making it look nice. alot of them love my hair n are all for it but theres still the ones that are a lil iffy. but ya lol ive already told everyone in church bout Samson n the seven locks. good stuff. n i guess ima just get an aloe plant so im sure its 100%. thanks for the advice! i ordered a tam today.. so excited. lol i love this site! n all of u other dread heads. some gnarly stuff on here...
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
Christians should not want it their way.. You are exactly right! Should always be Gods way.. And they might not be true Christians but they are in church and I'm tryin to be an example for them and respecting them is part of it.. And that sounds like a legit song! U should totally get me the name of it.. I totally agree He prolly had some sick dreads.. I'm sure He was crazy scruffy.. Lol so tight to imagine the creator of the world chillin around with some super fly dreads.. I think the true Christians accept my dreads but there's always gna be the "goats in the midst with the sheep" so Ima make it look as nice as I can. N eagle... I'm really debating making a shirt.

soaringeagle said:
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Another way to make your hair look nice is to hang your head out of the window when your driving to church...I'm not kidding. It makes it look wild but good. At least it works for me and I like it. Atom said:
Christians should not want it their way.. You are exactly right! Should always be Gods way.. And they might not be true Christians but they are in church and I'm tryin to be an example for them and respecting them is part of it.. And that sounds like a legit song! U should totally get me the name of it.. I totally agree He prolly had some sick dreads.. I'm sure He was crazy scruffy.. Lol so tight to imagine the creator of the world chillin around with some super fly dreads.. I think the true Christians accept my dreads but there's always gna be the "goats in the midst with the sheep" so Ima make it look as nice as I can. N eagle... I'm really debating making a shirt.

soaringeagle said:
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
awesome.. yall ill try that out fasho.. im down with a lil wildness. so how long are ur dreads? u dnt have a pic but u said u started with a buzz n been goin for like six months or so eh? so bout 3 inches? bout the same as mine?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
a church is just walls what are walls for but to keep something in or something outgod is everything everywhere if the church dont like your dreads do liker a dread would do and go sit among the trees and talk directly to god without the preachers translations

--

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form