Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help with dreads

Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
I've done the crochet method like five different times n it just keeps Fallon apart. I heard it was the best n now I'm seein it's not.. I'm starting them out shorter, like four inches, so I need somethin more instant.. And so far I've seen y'all talkin bout the t and r.. I'm now just wondering exactly how you do that method..? Cuz I kno I'm gna have to do somethin when these nice lookin ones fall apart in a few days.. Pls help.
updated by @atom: 02/14/15 12:24:10PM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
If they fall apart then just leave em alone. Messing with em only slows down progress.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
crochet sux and all your doing is severely damaging your hair 5 times in 3 weeks? its amazing u have hair left!u do not need something instant because nothing is instantall u can do is give them a start then u must wait fore them to dread theres nothing instant about dreads all instant dread promices end in dreads being cut in just a couple yearsso to starttwist and rip itse east and effective add some beads is your hair oily do u condition or run fingers thru alotafter t&r spray with sea salt (u know that gel u used is just gonna make em slip out dont u?)spray with sea salt instead wear a wool tam and in no time it will dread but u cant force it u gotta wait for utdreads dont come from working on em but from alowing them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
Alright I'm takin ur word for it.. I use to do all the deep conditioning n whatnot but now just simple shampoos.. Non residue now.. I try not mess with it much now as I'm trying to dread it n I'm so worried anything I do might screw it up. I'll start the t&r as soon as these come undone. But I don't know how. Can u explain the process? I understand if it's too difficult n u don't feel like typin all the junk. I also would loove to put beads in it. I've been lookin into it but I just dnt kno how they will stay on the locks..? Seems like they'd just slip off.. And I would so looove a tam as well.. Is there a good place u would recommend to get one? Thanks for everything. Just your reply has brightened my day.

soaringeagle said:
crochet sux and all your doing is severely damaging your hair 5 times in 3 weeks? its amazing u have hair left! u do not need something instant because nothing is instantall u can do is give them a start then u must wait fore them to dread theres nothing instant about dreads all instant dread promices end in dreads being cut in just a couple yearsso to starttwist and rip itse east and effective add some beads is your hair oily do u condition or run fingers thru alotafter t&r spray with sea salt (u know that gel u used is just gonna make em slip out dont u?)spray with sea salt instead wear a wool tam and in no time it will dread but u cant force it u gotta wait for utdreads dont come from working on em but from alowing them
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/twist-and-rip-method-dreading#axzz0tyek6KWB For beads, all you have to do is find a place that they'll stay...eventually they may fall off though and that's fine. Just find another dread for em to go on.Tams can be found in the dread shop up on the top of the screen. Click the link right under and videos. Right above dread wax truth.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
tams several of outr mjembers have shops right here judt click thye dread shops buttonbesds too beads u force em on till they stickuse a thread to make a loop through thye bead catch the tip of the dread in the loop and use it to pull through the bead push bead up till irt just stays if it goes to tye root without sticking try a thicker dreadt&r theres a guide over there---> and vids too in vidsbut simple as thistewist section up decvide in 2 pull apart put back together devide again (random sections each time) pull apart repeat several times then retwist repeat u should only twist every 5 or 6 rips

--
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
Thank both of you so much. I'm an idiot and I'm doing this from my iPhone n it didn't have anything at the top of the website but now that I got on my laptop I can see everything.. Thank you both so much. I was also wondering how long you think it might take to actually look like dreads with the hair that's just loose from the crocheting n stuff..?

soaringeagle said:
tams several of outr mjembers have shops right here judt click thye dread shops buttonbesds too beads u force em on till they stickuse a thread to make a loop through thye bead catch the tip of the dread in the loop and use it to pull through the bead push bead up till irt just stays if it goes to tye root without sticking try a thicker dreadt&r theres a guide over there---> and vids too in vidsbut simple as thistewist section up decvide in 2 pull apart put back together devide again (random sections each time) pull apart repeat several times then retwist repeat u should only twist every 5 or 6 rips
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
hard to guess few weeks to few months average but it varries widely Atom said:
Thank both of you so much. I'm an idiot and I'm doing this from my iPhone n it didn't have anything at the top of the website but now that I got on my laptop I can see everything.. Thank you both so much. I was also wondering how long you think it might take to actually look like dreads with the hair that's just loose from the crocheting n stuff..?

soaringeagle said:
tams several of outr mjembers have shops right here judt click thye dread shops button besds too beads u force em on till they stick
use a thread to make a loop through thye bead catch the tip of the dread in the loop and use it to pull through the bead push bead up till irt just stays if it goes to tye root without sticking try a thicker dread

t&r theres a guide over there---> and vids too in vids

but simple as this
tewist section up decvide in 2 pull apart put back together devide again (random sections each time) pull apart repeat several times then retwist repeat u should only twist every 5 or 6 rips

--
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
lol, no problem, man. You should probably just enjoy life and not worry about it. All hair dreads differently and all hair takes a different amount of time to dread. When you started how long was your hair? That will also effect how long it takes.
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
U can see in my pic how long my hair is.. Little over 3 inches I think.. Maybe four. I'm gna take yalls advice n get a tam n just go with it.. Hopefully since it's already crocheted n junk, it will give the dreads a nice foundation to start from. Do either of you suggest aloe to tidy up the loose hairs n stuff.? Cuz church is a big part of my life n alotta them old timers just won't appreciate what we're doing and the dread process so I'd like to have something to tidy them up a bit if you feel me..?

GreyGargoyle said:
lol, no problem, man. You should probably just enjoy life and not worry about it. All hair dreads differently and all hair takes a different amount of time to dread. When you started how long was your hair? That will also effect how long it takes.
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form