Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A Friend Wants Sisterlocks

ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
10 years ago
153 posts
You should find some really nice baby locks and lure her into a false sense of security, then the nicer mature ones. I'll look on YouTube and see if I can see some black people who opted for neater and stronger locks. Maybe you can link her

GreyGargoyle said:
I have a hard time finding all natural dreads. This site is filled with people just starting their locks and so most of our members have baby or teen dreads and those are awesome but they're not really what I wanna show her because it'll scare her away, lol. ZuriYAH "Zii" said:
I knoooooow!!! I love her. I almost got sisterlocks. But the thicker kind. Thank the most high I saw hers and I was like :000000 lol and I just went a little crazy since. I always show other girls her hair or some other more unique locks. Always works. Greygoyle, you could maybe get a bunch of pics of really beautiful more natural ones. Might change her mind.

Island Mamma said:
Lauryn Hill is so beautiful....and so are her dreads.

updated by @zeefighter: 07/03/15 07:50:16AM
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
10 years ago
298 posts
To be 100% honest here i dont think i have seen a black woman with actual dreadlocks only ever sisterlocks ! I live in southend on sea and we have a great ethnic diversity and there a quite a few black males with lovely massive thick dreadlocks (Infact there is one guy who is a rasta and his name is rasta roy and he only has 6 dreads on his head THEY ARE HUGE) but yeah no black women with dreads its crazy!
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
10 years ago
153 posts
That's often because of the stigmas tied to black wen with natural hair. While it's more agreeable for a male to have his hair natural and free, for black woman it's been condemned since slavery. Perms are a must for black women and anything other is often if not always looked down upon. At least in most parts of the united states and else where. Kinky hairnis often dubbed masculine and most black women are VERY self concious about it. My hair is very soft in texture naturally. When I tosses the flat iron and wore my hair regular I got made fun of a LOT. I was even told to thin out my hair because it was too thick and straghten it or do something because it was too nappy. Only in my dreams do I have nappy hair. Not trying to lecture, but do to brainwashing by media and magazines straight flat hair is a must. Especially for black women.so it's not surprising to me black women go running to sistalocks. Even when being "natural". On a lighter note, in New York you'd see lots of black women with natural locks. I have a few net buddies who have em and they're hair is beauuuuuuuutiful!!!! In NY self identity is more respected. In a visual sense. Jack Roth said:
To be 100% honest here i dont think i have seen a black woman with actual dreadlocks only ever sisterlocks ! I live in southend on sea and we have a great ethnic diversity and there a quite a few black males with lovely massive thick dreadlocks (Infact there is one guy who is a rasta and his name is rasta roy and he only has 6 dreads on his head THEY ARE HUGE) but yeah no black women with dreads its crazy!
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
10 years ago
298 posts
i come from england, essex, southend-on-sea :)
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
10 years ago
298 posts
Absolutly amazing !!! They look so good with natural hair, i bet they feel more confident for it aswell !
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
10 years ago
153 posts
Oooo yea I have a few buddies from there who are black. It's prety much the same. It's sad really. My friends however are opting for a more natural approach. They were going for sisterlocks til they saw how unique and beautiful natural ones are. Which is awesome. Jack Roth said:
i come from england, essex, southend-on-sea :)
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
10 years ago
569 posts
I sent her those photos. ZuriYAH "Zii" said:
Oooo yea I have a few buddies from there who are black. It's prety much the same. It's sad really. My friends however are opting for a more natural approach. They were going for sisterlocks til they saw how unique and beautiful natural ones are. Which is awesome.

Jack Roth said:
i come from england, essex, southend-on-sea :)
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
10 years ago
153 posts
Awesome. Tell us how it goes!@Jack. I knooooooow I love her hair.

GreyGargoyle said:
I sent her those photos. ZuriYAH "Zii" said:
Oooo yea I have a few buddies from there who are black. It's prety much the same. It's sad really. My friends however are opting for a more natural approach. They were going for sisterlocks til they saw how unique and beautiful natural ones are. Which is awesome.

Jack Roth said:
i come from england, essex, southend-on-sea :)
 
 / 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form