Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A Friend Wants Sisterlocks

GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
10 years ago
569 posts
A African American (female) friend of mine wants sisterlocks...How do I steer her in the right direction? I've tried pretty hard but it seems like she wants thinnish locks and I don't know what to tell her...I've tried to tell her to just do twists but she just won't have it.What are sisterlocks by the way? I've heard of em. Don't they do the interlocking method and stupid things like that?
updated by @greygargoyle: 02/14/15 11:20:42AM
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
10 years ago
153 posts
Yep. I have this same issue. Blessings for them, one decided on tnr and the other is doing twists I believe.Yes that is how it's done and it's very damaging. Tell her her dreads will break off. They will
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,443 posts
its interlocking tell her simply that they will end up breaking off sisterlocks dont last they are fragile and destroyed a stifff breeeze can break em off


--
30 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 10 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international - soaring for people with disabilities
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
10 years ago
530 posts
Lauryn Hill is so beautiful....and so are her dreads.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
10 years ago
569 posts
I pointed her to this site (specifically the twist method) She's gonna do some research on it. =)
pixie
@pixie
10 years ago
144 posts
Sisterlocks worry me. I saw a lady at a gas station on my way to the testing center with em. I held my breath as I walked past. I don't want to be the cause for them breaking off. :S soaringeagle said:
its interlocking tell her simply that they will end up breaking off sisterlocks dont last they are fragile and destroyed a stifff breeeze can break em off
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
10 years ago
569 posts
lmao...I showed her those pics to compared them. I told her one is healthy, pretty and low maintenance. The other is unhealthy, damaged and high maintenance but to be fair, I was honest and told her that I thought they were still pretty. Just not as unique. pixie said:
Sisterlocks worry me. I saw a lady at a gas station on my way to the testing center with em. I held my breath as I walked past. I don't want to be the cause for them breaking off. :S

soaringeagle said:
its interlocking tell her simply that they will end up breaking off sisterlocks dont last they are fragile and destroyed a stifff breeeze can break em off
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
10 years ago
153 posts
I knoooooow!!! I love her. I almost got sisterlocks. But the thicker kind. Thank the most high I saw hers and I was like :000000 lol and I just went a little crazy since. I always show other girls her hair or some other more unique locks. Always works. Greygoyle, you could maybe get a bunch of pics of really beautiful more natural ones. Might change her mind.

Island Mamma said:
Lauryn Hill is so beautiful....and so are her dreads.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
10 years ago
569 posts
I have a hard time finding all natural dreads. This site is filled with people just starting their locks and so most of our members have baby or teen dreads and those are awesome but they're not really what I wanna show her because it'll scare her away, lol. ZuriYAH "Zii" said:
I knoooooow!!! I love her. I almost got sisterlocks. But the thicker kind. Thank the most high I saw hers and I was like :000000 lol and I just went a little crazy since. I always show other girls her hair or some other more unique locks. Always works. Greygoyle, you could maybe get a bunch of pics of really beautiful more natural ones. Might change her mind.

Island Mamma said:
Lauryn Hill is so beautiful....and so are her dreads.
 / 2
 
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form