Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
You've explained what you've heard if that's what you mean. If by "good looking" you mean mature dreads...all methods of starting dreadlocks take a year or two to get mature dreads. Good looking is in the eye of the beholder and if messy hair isn't your thing then you are going to have a hell of a time trying to rock dreads, my friend. Now to be honest, I think that T&R looks pretty kool when it's done properly but it doesn't change much. It is just a crutch to make you feel as if you've accomplished something. The only benefit and I'm unsure if I've said this to you in the last post because I've been on the forums talking to new guy's a lot today so I forgot...lol, but the only thing that T&R will help you gain is a foundation of sectioning (maybe). But like I said to you before, good luck and I hope you get over the disliking messy hair thing. You're definitely gonna have to get over that. haha. Good luck though, man. Hope to see you around the forums. Oh and congats on the graduation. When is it anyways? You should make a timeline. Daniel said:
I really don't want to it the natural way, I'm not talking bad about it but wouldn't like to see my hair all messy and I've heard/read it takes months even years to get good looking dreads if done all natural. You might say "well dreads do take months and patience to get them", but (i believe) if done the t&r method, it atleast looks a little more developed, i hope i explained myself right.

GreyGargoyle said:
I think that you should take things a little more slowly. You were deciding to do some of the worst and most damage things to your hair to get dreadlocks and now you've decided to go with T&R...good choice! But I think you should slow down a bit and look things over. Now I'm not going to try to change your mind about T&R because that is a good way to go. A ton better than what you wanted to do at first. But you could go natural right after graduation and your dreads could represent you forming your own life. Sorta like what I did. I decided that the day that I moved out I was gonna dread and that was one of the top ten best decisions of my life. Haha. But if you do not want to go with my suggestion then you could do the T&R after grad. and instead of making a decision to palm roll or any other damaging or useless techniques you could give your hair time to dread and THEN decide. I feel like it's important to give the natural method a try before jumping in and saying, oh, I want to do this, this and this to get my hair to become awesome locks. It doesn't work that way. Even with T&R you have to build a lot of patience and commitment and maybe even more so than with natural because some if not most of the T&R job is likely to fall apart. Just think about it. You may change your mind. Natural dreading is very enlightening and it can change you, enlighten you and make you think differently about life and that is why I say wait till Graduation to decide on what the method to madness will be. Natural dreading right after HS or some other big occasion in life is a great way to learn about yourself. Good luck to ya, bud.

updated by @greygargoyle: 07/09/15 06:18:56PM
Daniel2
@daniel2
14 years ago
62 posts
oops, i didn't realize you commented back, sorry. okay so i've came up with a new plan, instead of waiting till after graduation, i've narrowed it down to november-december. and before i start the process of t&r around that time, im wanting to go through a "going all natural" period because.... if i dnt comb my hair for a day it really tangles up, i also jogg and after jogging my hair is soaked in sweat and i dnt how or why but when my hair dries up (of the sweat) it becomes really really tangled, and yes im taking monthly pics and im hoping to make a vid by next year, once i have my bebe dreads
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u will probly dread in weekjs not months naturaly many many ppl dread fast naturaly .. the long time estimate and the messiness is all a scare tactic to sell u waxmost of us went natural and wouldnt ever want to go any other way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ashley ✿
@ashley
14 years ago
167 posts
darlin, your hair is gonna look a wee bit off for a while until they get more mature, no matter what route you take. I went with TnR, and let me tell you something, they fell out and started dreading naturally, I suggest that if you have your heart set on doing TnR, then do it, but be ready for them to get loose and what not, because they do help with sectioning your hair and what not (at least that's what I think...) When they do get loose, and start looking crazy, you know what you do to avoid people looking at you like a mental? Buy a hat. That is the best thing for baby dreads in my opinion, it supposedly helps the dreading process if you sleep in one? But I'm not really sure. I'd talk to Travis more, he is just starting his journey, one month in or so? He'd be able to help you, I hope that I didn't offend, and that I helped! may your journey be filled with love, light, and wonderful things!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Dreads=Messy Hair! LOL! Good luck and try to let go a lil.
Murphy the rasta
@murphy-the-rasta
14 years ago
58 posts
good to know u are a good learner..there are a lot of retard ppl ask for help and dont even trust us....SE and the others members of this forum are going to help u...peace!
Daniel2
@daniel2
14 years ago
62 posts
okay guys, i've decided to go all natural. it's been 2 days since i haven't washed my hair. (pretty long huh?)couple of questions though1. about beanies, some say it does no good at all, others say wear it at night, what does it accomplish by wearing one at night? or it just helps the hair less frizzy looking2. does massive sweating affect the dreading process, i sweat very much when jogging to where my hair looks like i just got out the shower.Thanks everyone for you advice
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
beanies shouldnt be too tight tams better then beenie wool helps dreadingsweat dont matter just rince if it gets funky

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form