Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

the man is getting me down :(

Robert shawn bozarth
@robert-shawn-bozarth
14 years ago
25 posts
my employer said that I needed to cut my hair, because it was getting out of control. so I told them what im doing. and I used the race card on them, because there are african american employes with dreadlocks and then they said, it was different because theirs looked neater and more like locks. so we came to an agreement. I either have to make them look like dreads or cut and or comb my hair, so I'm going to do T&R, is there any other method that is more natural or better to do (not backcombing) and if you really think so, then give me your reason why
updated by @robert-shawn-bozarth: 02/14/15 06:36:13AM
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
no thats the next best thing however they are not going to look as neat as an african american's hair our hair is different and locks differently your hair is still not going to be that neat at least not for a while....theres a girl on here named jamie she just had her who head t&r'd and it looks great and like they will turn into nice locks but i wouldnt call it neat looking no offense jamie :)
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Also, I would put some aloe vera through your hair. I just had a discussion about it and I found it helped to tame the crazy, furball look. So, maybe after the T&R? Good Luck.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Quit your job or tell them that you're becoming religious and that growing natural dreadlocks was a vow that you made to God and that if it becomes a problem that they want to fire you over then you're going to file a lawsuit. You can also add that you can come to a compromise by wearing a tam and hiding your hair or by tying your hair up when it gets longer ect. I don't see how wild your hair can get at that length. Mines been all over the place but it hasn't been a big deal around here. if you get fired go and yell, THIS STORE HAS RATS!!! haha or raise your voice loud enough for the customers to hear you and say, YOU CAN HIRE METH HEADS AND YET YOU CAN'T LET ME WORK BECAUSE MY HAIR IS MESSY!?!? Try it.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
"You alone are the judge of your worth, and your goal is to discover infinite worth in yourself, no matter what anyone else thinks."- Deepak ChopraJust do what I did and run to a hippy Island somewhere...I'm getting ready to leave this big rock and go even further out there LOL
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
I agree. Tell them it's a process. Alternatively, there is always room on islands for more dreadies :-)
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
Lol@ race card. I tried using the race card and it worked for me. It was a diff situation though. Nothing to do with hair.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I think you should do what Grey says and not budge(at least till you're sure they'll fire you if u wanna keep the job)It's a spiritual process and they shouldn't be able to stop you.What kind of job is it?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
t&r is best but u should findthe letter to employers i wrote and edit it and show em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
umm search using the new search for "letter to employers"

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags