Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how do you think my dreads are going?

Will Gibbs
@will-gibbs
14 years ago
35 posts
how do you think my dreads are going?They are 4 days old, i backcombed them and stuck rubber bands on the ends of them. I didnt do my whole head, because i want to wait 2 weeks, and see if they stay in. Then i will do the rest, if my dreads are progressing.Are they going to stay in??? when should i take out the bands??? would they fall apart if i take the bands out???Pcitures: http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/qwertyful/?action=view&current=Photoon2010-07-15at11085.jpg http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/qwertyful/?action=view&current=Photoon2010-07-14at22072.jpg P>S I HAVE VERY THICK HAIR AND CURLY.
updated by @will-gibbs: 02/14/15 09:33:22AM
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Lose the rubber bands and expectations and you'll be just fine.
Will Gibbs
@will-gibbs
14 years ago
35 posts
okay, rubber bands come out!!! thanks, and would a tiny incy wincy little bit of wax around the edges, once a week, help hold them in???i dont mind if there is a little wax shit inside the dread.....so you think they will hold? Knottysleeves said:
They don't look any different than they did on the first day, to be honest. But 4 days is nothing in the dread journey. You've only taken the first step in a very long path. :-)
Lots of great advice in your First Day post about the rubberbands. I'd take them out if I were you.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Your hair will hold itself you don't need wax at all. Will Gibbs said:
okay, rubber bands come out!!! thanks, and would a tiny incy wincy little bit of wax around the edges, once a week, help hold them in???i dont mind if there is a little wax shit inside the dread.....so you think they will hold?

Knottysleeves said:
They don't look any different than they did on the first day, to be honest. But 4 days is nothing in the dread journey. You've only taken the first step in a very long path. :-)
Lots of great advice in your First Day post about the rubberbands. I'd take them out if I were you.
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
eek, you may not mind now but I think in the long run you might regret it. imagine the build up D:ha, but I think they look good, but would look better without the rubberbands, but you took them off so yay! :DI think if you just left them and didn't even do the rest of your head it would look great. like go all natural from here on out =] it looks like it would come out really cool :D Will Gibbs said:
okay, rubber bands come out!!! thanks, and would a tiny incy wincy little bit of wax around the edges, once a week, help hold them in???i dont mind if there is a little wax shit inside the dread.....so you think they will hold?

Knottysleeves said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
nonono no wax ever look i started mine without backcomb without wax without rubber bands well all i did was do without..combing and conditioningthats all u need to dread is not comb or condition so if dreadings that easy to do without wax and bands . but when u do use wax and bands they recomend rolling rubbing and constant work maybe that should be a hint to u that those things make it harder not easier to get dreadsso no wax no bandsjust time thats the only thing u do need is time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Will Gibbs
@will-gibbs
14 years ago
35 posts
im not that keen on the messy look for years untill my dreads form, no offense to anyone.... Dreads are nothing but a hairstyle to me, no offense again, lol......so i just want some dreads. hahahaOkay, i just took out my bands :S......should i palmroll at all to keep them together once a day??? or what???I also go to a school, with shitty rules about hair.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
who lied to u about natural dreads being messy for years mine dreaded in 2 weeks flatand wax will make u stink they will be stiff and gross and cause u to get covered in zitsbut hey if u insist on ignoring well id say we have a combined experience of over 3000 tears here that all say no to wax then fine you can go the wax route and cut em off in 2 years just like everyone else who went with wax

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and no palm rolling does nothing at all

--
Will Gibbs
@will-gibbs
14 years ago
35 posts
just took out ma bands, then had a shower and all my dreads came out :S fuck.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form