Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Thread in dreads!! oh no!

Garrett Sale
@garrett-sale
10 years ago
17 posts
K so i went to haiti for two weeks to lend my helping hand, it was a great experience and im really glad i went. The people there were fascinated by my dreads by the way. Anyways a haitian women told me that she wanted to fix my dreads? haha she said it would cost 20 bucks and she really looked like she needed the money so i just let her do it. long story short she pretty much sew my dreads with thread and wrapped it around them and now they are extremely f*&$ing tight and hurt really bad and im not really sure what is going to come of it but i just thought id see what you guys think. She said the thread would come out on its own in 2 to 3 months
updated by @garrett-sale: 02/14/15 09:05:21AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,444 posts
ok i dont need a facepalm emoticon cause i just whacked my palm into my face (ouch it was involuntary but it hurt)umm tiny lil nail clipper scissors and carefully surgicly remove the thread.. umm u shoulda paid her to poo on your chest or something lil less risky..lol (joking u shoulda just gave her the money and a hug but kept the hands off the dreads)that doesnt sound good so yea id very carefully surgicly remove it like if u had surgical stitches in your eyeball..lol careful to cut just the threads not the dreads


--
30 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 10 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international - soaring for people with disabilities
Garrett Sale
@garrett-sale
10 years ago
17 posts
Hahahaha! yes it needs to come out real bad.I think at this point im finding it a little humurous becuase it just makes absolutly no sense. I think the dreads will be fine if i remove the thread quickly soaringeagle said:
ok i dont need a facepalm emoticon cause i just whacked my palm into my face (ouch it was involuntary but it hurt)
umm tiny lil nail clipper scissors and carefully surgicly remove the thread.. umm u shoulda paid her to poo on your chest or something lil less risky..lol (joking u shoulda just gave her the money and a hug but kept the hands off the dreads)

that doesnt sound good so yea id very carefully surgicly remove it like if u had surgical stitches in your eyeball..lol careful to cut just the threads not the dreads
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,444 posts
yea probly wont do too much harm as lo9ng as u remove it and do it carefullyits crazy what some ppl think should be done to dreads huh


--
30 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 10 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international - soaring for people with disabilities
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
10 years ago
569 posts
>.<..................
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,444 posts
thank u stitch ripper was exactly what i was thinking of but didnt know i was thinking of it..lol Knottysleeves said:
Yeah, banding the roots with thread is a definite no-no!

Use tiny scissors, or even better, a stitch ripper -- you can get them at fabric/sewing stores for less than a dollar.



--
30 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 10 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international - soaring for people with disabilities
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
10 years ago
530 posts
OMG I have anxiety reading this! How many did she do?
Garrett Sale
@garrett-sale
10 years ago
17 posts
she did every single dread, im realizing how tight she wraped it around the root now. its going to be very tough to remove... Island Mamma said:
OMG I have anxiety reading this! How many did she do?
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
10 years ago
327 posts
Jesus!! atleast tell me she was pretty so this makes certain amount of sense atleast...;) Garrett Sale said:
she did every single dread, im realizing how tight she wraped it around the root now. its going to be very tough to remove...

Island Mamma said:
OMG I have anxiety reading this! How many did she do?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,444 posts
get help cause thread wrapped real tight around roots really cant be good for the roots Garrett Sale said:
she did every single dread, im realizing how tight she wraped it around the root now. its going to be very tough to remove...

Island Mamma said:
OMG I have anxiety reading this! How many did she do?



--
30 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 10 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international - soaring for people with disabilities
 / 2
 
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form