Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i had to cut my dreads off :(

Cassie Sattler
@cassie-sattler
14 years ago
42 posts
my boyfriend and i wound up getting a small case of lice. (prolly the first round of eggs with one or two laying adults per head) and i personally got really freaked out. my reasons to cut them where sorta personal along the lines of i dont wanna have a lice grave yard stuck in my lushis locks. or have eggs burrow in the core of the dread by the root of the hair. overall it just freaked me out and i wasnt feeling to good.i had dreads for 5 months, only used wax once (lack of knowledge) they were starting to get nice and tight esp. at the root..bill (bf) and i decided to cut a small one off and then cut down the center to see how bad the damage was. we found alot of undistinguished things. alot of white small flakies and circles and alots o' lint by the roots. i found some nats as well. any ways my hair is now blue and about an inch long. either way i miss them and will continue use on this site. im pretty upset they are gone. maybe i have a touch of ocd about parasitic organisms meandering through my head colonizing at my follicles
updated by @cassie-sattler: 02/14/15 07:31:38AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
aww damn u coulda got rid odf them easy why didnt u ralk to me 1st(in fact why havent u talkin to me lately? the bf?) im really sad to see your dreads go but u will be growing them again this time naturally

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
I am very sorry to hear this!I was actually just helping in my dad's garden the other day and ended up with a bunch of lice bites on my feet from the previous owners dog and started wondering what I could/would do if I got lice in my hair.
CrazyDaizy99
@crazydaizy99
14 years ago
81 posts
So sorry Cassie! :(I'd like to know how to handle lice as well. I have never had lice before but I imagine it would be a real pain in the ass. How would a person treat the lice without ruining their dreads?
Cassie Sattler
@cassie-sattler
14 years ago
42 posts
i havent been online much its not the bf. even if i got rid of the lice i would have been a basket case because knowing me i would think i still had lice... im sorry se :( soaringeagle said:
aww damn u coulda got rid odf them easy why didnt u ralk to me 1st
(in fact why havent u talkin to me lately? the bf?) im really sad to see your dreads go but u will be growing them again this time naturally
Cassie Sattler
@cassie-sattler
14 years ago
42 posts
i did a lice shampoo. well its not really a shampoo you more or less just drench the dreads in a semen looking solution wait ten minutes and rise. i was afraid that i would still have dead eggs in the core of my dreads... just a personal thing though. you can also use natural remedies. CrazyDaizy99 said:
So sorry Cassie! :(

I'd like to know how to handle lice as well. I have never had lice before but I imagine it would be a real pain in the ass. How would a person treat the lice without ruining their dreads?
Cassie Sattler
@cassie-sattler
14 years ago
42 posts
thanks guys. ill deffintly go natural next time. i was kinda grossed out about all the lint i had at the core of the dreads.. and alot of white flakes... other wise they smelled like clean dreads...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
to kill lice in dreads is easypour alcahol over head wait 15 minutes rinsepour vinagar over head wait 10 min rinserepeat every 3 days for 9 days at least longer if any remainu can add neem seed oil in between1st time u do it u will be raining dead bugsthey'll just be falling out all overcass i miss talkin yo ya

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
A) Go natural now.B) I like growing bugs in my hair, it don't bother me nonnne.
Cassie Sattler
@cassie-sattler
14 years ago
42 posts
not gonna lie thats pretty cool how you dont mind them. GreyGargoyle said:
A) Go natural now.
B) I like growing bugs in my hair, it don't bother me nonnne.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form